July 14th 2009

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Disneyjess, Nov 7, 2008.

1. sinthesparky

sinthesparky Member

You don't need the criminal background though? I mean, you've got your visa, they know you are "clean". Right...?

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Yep, i'll take mine with me anyway as you never know.

God, the excitement has hit me to day and i'm pumped

3. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

Don't think I'll be that excited till the day..Its all a bit surreal now I think... :-\

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

nice to know who to come to when i need to buy a car ;) haha "joooooooohn, heeeeeeeeelp me"
    who knows if i'll have enough money though!

i feel a bit strange encroaching on you july 14th-ers' topic but it's very useful because it's answering a lot of my questions anyway :D

5. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

Aye, we always encroach on yours..Were practically startin at the same time anyway..

I was hoping to buy my car from the same place as last time..But they've changed there name and now the websites gone down, so not sure whether there still there or not anymore!

Saw a really nice toyota celica, its only $950..But not sure it'll still be there in a few weeks time...

6. sinthesparky

sinthesparky Member

I've heard that you need a US (Florida) license to buy a car because of the insurance. And I've heard you don't need it. You've had a car there before so what's your say?

7. laura-WV

laura-WV New Member

i think you need a florida license if you want to get a car.
    but its pretty cheap and you only have to drive around the block to get it.

i want a car too. not too sure if ill be able to effort it tho. But 950$ for a toyota sounds awesome.
    JP i will make you go car hunting with me ;D

8. sinthesparky

sinthesparky Member

I've heard of people driving with their home country license for the year. Ah well...

I've already found a nice couple of cars that I NEED to buy (German, naturally. I will never have a ricer :p). Let's hope at least one of the owners will keep theirs until I get around. :D

9. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

Nah, you don't need a florida license..Not sure who told you that..

I think officially your allowed to drive for 6 months on your European Driving License..Although I have heard there dodgy about other countries..

I drove on mine for 8 months tho too be honest..I guessed that as long as I had my insurance and all my number plates and tax and everything was paid up to date, then it wouldn't matter so much, I actually wanted them to pull me over, so they could give me some info on it, coz I knew they wouldn't charge me or anything, but I wasn't 100% sure whether or not I was doing wrong after the 6 months...

I actually just looked at insurance for the toyota..And it was only $80 a month..The insurance doesn't matter either, you just select that you have a foreign drivers license or something like that, there's a question about it in there somewhere anyway..

10. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

Aye, I no people that drove for the full year on there UK driving license..

I really want this celica! I will have to see how much money I can get together first tho! I reacon they'd accept $800 for it..It is the credit crunch after all!

My last one they had $1200 on the windscreen for it and I got them down to $800..Thats why I want to go back to the garage I used originally, as I no there good a negotiating.. ;)

11. sinthesparky

sinthesparky Member

Have you seen it online, if so, link? :p

12. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

If you steal it from under my nose, they'll be world war 3!!

No pun intended ;D

13. disneyjp

disneyjp New Member

14. sinthesparky

sinthesparky Member

Don't worry, I wouldn't buy a ricer (Japanese car) anyway. Wait, no, I wouldn't buy it to drive it. But I might buy it because I like the thought of WW3.

Now where's my phone...

15. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

only $80 a month? that is really good. you will defo get a grilling if i'm buying a car JP ;)
    it sounds so much cheaper to buy/run a car over there mind

16. laura-WV

laura-WV New Member

so you dont need a US drivers license?
    thats so cool.

i heard that you needed a US license to get insurance etc.
    but if JP got it with his UK license i wont get a us license either.

that toyota looks really REALLY nice.
    you should def. go for it!
    and then help me find a car ;D

17. sinthesparky

sinthesparky Member

Damn. It. There are like no mint condition Golf 3s in the Orlando area. I am going to Florida in a few days and all I worry about is getting a car. Someone tell me this is completely normal behavior.

18. laura-WV

laura-WV New Member

you're fine.

getting a car REALLY FAST is my biggest worry too.

not having a car in the states sucks even more than not having one in europe.
    you cant even ride a bike in the states or walk cause the distances are too big and most of the time they dont even have sidewalks.

i lived in the states for a year whenever i was 16 and i always had to ask people for a ride. it sucked.

19. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

are you taking both parts of your license over?

20. sinthesparky

sinthesparky Member

Excuse me, old lady, but do you have your license in... TWO parts?