June 1st - Flights from UK!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by RSH01, Dec 3, 2009.

1. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Just a post for us all flyin out for June 1st to say how we are flyin and of any good deals they find for flying! Flights are expensive! Plus itl give's a chance to get to know each othr betr! Whoop Whoop!

So.
    Name
    Where your from
    Job Offer
    Flying From
    etc etc.....

Thanks, Roby :)

2. StevenC

StevenC New Member

Name: Steven
    Where your from: Manchester
    Job Offer: Character Performer
    Flying From: Manchester Airport

=)

I'm contemplating flying out a couple of days before June 1st just so I can settle and get my stuff together then move in on June 1st. I know some people who are already out there too so it would be nice to see them!

But if I cant do that... yes I shall be flying out June 1st too ^_^

3. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

I'll be flying out June 1st to either from Manchester or London :)

4. jayne

jayne New Member

Name: Jayne Westbrook
    Where your from: Edinburgh, Scotland
    Job Offer: Merchandise
    Flying From: Edinburgh or Glasgow :)

5. Sofi

Sofi Guest

Name: Sofi Bee
    Where your from: Leeds
    Job Offer: QS food & Bev
    Flying From: Manchester or Leeds =] x

6. StevenC

StevenC New Member

What return date is everyone getting?

I want to travel after ICP so I dont know what to do... its possible to get a flexible return isnt it??

Just thought i'd ask!!

7. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Did anyone get the email form yummy saying NOT to book our flights yet? Am i complete dunse not knowin what a flexible flight ticket is??!
    Roby

8. StevenC

StevenC New Member

I got that email and haven't booked any flights yet, but im already looking into it.

I need to look into the whole flexible return thing more, but my friend has done it before and he is off to disney again on sunday and he said its like a ticket in which you can change the date u fly back (within visa limits obv) for a small fee, that way u dont have to decide what date you are going bk until u r there.

9. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Thanks Steven, aye ano, im not gonna do anything until Yummy gets back to me. The flights are soooooooooooo expensive! But sure - think i'l mayb try and fly from Manchester!

10. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Last year I was just on a return flight, but I had to change the return date, I think it cost me £147 to do it - if there's space, the airlines will usually let you change :)
    xx

11. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Can we arrive in orlando on the 1st? Or this too late!?

12. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

No you can arrive on the 1st. If you arrive before, you have to arrange your own accommodation.
    xx

13. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i finish on the 20th august but my bfs coming over to florida that day and were gunna tour america, its my 20th on the 27th august and my bfs 22nd on the 1st sept so were gunna spend our bds at disney or somewhere in america =] x

14. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

??? sorry to be annoyin - but what happens on the 1st? The flight i was fgoin to get doesn't allow get me there till 4pm on the 1st - like is there a meetin or sumfin wer have to go to or sumfin?

15. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Thats fine, its just that the 1st is the first day of your program so you have to arrive on that day. Most flights from the uk dont get there until 3/4pm ish so thats fine... they know when people are arriving (you have to tell them your flight details) so they put on the welcome meeting when they know what time everyone is arriving.

16. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Hi all ! Probably a real stupid question but we start on the june 1st, when do we finsih? Is it in August sometime?

17. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

August 20th - you have to move out of your apartment on this day, but you can stay in america for 30 days after that.

I'm considering flying out a few days early but I'm not sure yet. And I wanna go travelling afterwards. Better start saving!!!

18. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

hey guys!

i will be flying from glasgow, but i will be goin via gatwick.
    i phoned sta (the travel company disney sugguested on thier letter) 2day and i spoke to Jo.
    i didnt confirm my flight but she was really helpful and answered my questions.
    the sta flights are a gd deal and it gives u a flexible return date, when u book it, it will be for ur program end date but if u want to extend it (which i do) u only have 2 pay £30 so i think it is well worth while if u are concidering traveling around america after.

also sta medical insurance quotes are really resonable, i think they start at £70ish and if u want more cover thats also availble at a 2 higher price ranges.

you also get a discount on ur insurance if u get it wen u reserve ur flight.

all in all it looks like a pretty gd deal! i'm defo gonna confirm all of my sta stuff this week!

cant wait 2 see everyone!

19. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

how much did they quote you for the flight? Is it more expensive than booking direct with the airline?

20. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i think the sta flights are waaay overpriced =s for our date there like £717 and i found flights at around £400 i know its not flexible like u cant cancel without losing but if ur pretty set on not cancelling ur saving like £300..

im coming back Sept 17th so id have to pay straight away to change the return flight..