June 4th people

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by slightlymazmad, Apr 11, 2006.

1. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Come and say "hi"

I am extremely bored at the moment (even though i have this essay to do that i havent even started thats due in at midnight) and it still feels like its ages till we actually leave.

Just wondering what time you all get into Orlando at and if your making any stopover/connection flights in the US? :)

I get in at about 8pm after stopping over at Chicago for a few hours.

2. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey

Well i think I am definately on the same flight as you - not officially booked it yet but STA travel have my flights on hold for me while i decide what I am doing - just cause there were not very many cheap seats left.

3. xsamx

xsamx New Member

Hey guys,

I booked my flight the other day! From Gatwick direct to Orlando. I was quite impressed with the price as it was £40.00 less to stop off in Boston! Loving it......Oh happy days!

I arrive in sunny Florida at 3.15pm....

Cu soon!
    mwah
    xx

4. charlie18

charlie18 New Member

hi!
    i'm arriving on June 4th as well ;D from Manchester and stoppin off in Boston

Arriving in Orlando at 5.40pm :)

c ya all soon xx

5. slightlymazmad

Looks like the people from Glasgow will be the last to arrive on the 4th unless they change the flights again!

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

what time do you arrive?

7. slightlymazmad

About 8ish at night :)

8. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey

Right I am booked on the 11:15 flight to Chicago then get to Orlando just after 8PM - I think there are a few others on this flight - Am I right in thinking this?

I was lookin at reserving my seats this afternoon and there aint that many together left - so was wondering if the Disney lot wanna try and sit together - if yea we shuld get it booked in the next few days.

9. catwalk2486

catwalk2486 New Member

Hey, I'm on that Glasgow flight :) yeah thats a very good idea, how do we go about it?

Cat

10. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey

You can do it for free on the AA website aslong as u have ur booking referance infront of you!
    There are only 7 rows of 3 left together and 3 is the most u can get together so who wants to be the other person haha?
    And which row 28, 29, 31, 32, 33, 36, 37???

11. catwalk2486

catwalk2486 New Member

Ah ok, cool. I didn't realise there was a pre-booking system prior to check in. I have emailed 2 girls who I know are on this flight - Mhairi and a girl called Pauline. Pauline hasn't booked her seat yet and is up for being together but obv there will be a few others... don't know how to organise this. Haven't checked the website yet... are there any rows one in front of the other? So we can all be fairly close together...could play musical chairs? lol

Cat

12. catwalk2486

catwalk2486 New Member

Hey

I am 31G on flight 0053 from Glas to Chic and 30F on fllight 1208 Chic to Orlando.

Let me know if u can get seats anywhere near me!

Cat

13. slightlymazmad

Hey Guys Great to hear from all of you :)

Just to let you know that i reserved my seats tonight.

I'm sitting at 32G from Glasgow to Chicago then 31F from Chicago to Orlando.

I was thinking about sitting at the other aisle seat on 31 but wasnt sure who (if even one of the Disney people) might take the middle seat so i went for the ones behind.

I have somehow got one of my seats on the way back booked aswell - no idea how i managed it :-\ oh well.

14. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey you 2

Right well i booked my seats just there and I have decided to sit beside one of u on each of the flights lol!
    But you can change them so why dont u join us in a 3 for the whole trip lol!

On the Glas flight i am beside Mhairi in 32E why dont u move back a row cat?
    And on the next flight I am beside Cat in 30E why dont u move back a rowMhairi?

Since I am being nice i have ended up in the bloody middle seat and i hate it cause u have to keep asking people to move to go to the toilet and i am small so cant see the TV!!!!

Let me know what u think - and if u dont want me next to you I will move just say haha (hopes answer is no)

Keir

15. slightlymazmad

I get you for 7 hours :eek: Lucky me :p

If you want on the day i dont mind switching seats with you i hardly ever get up and walk about on planes - yes i know its bad for me to sit the whole time but i really dont like getting up and the only reason i took the aisle seat was so i can stretch my legs out.

Do you think they'll re-email out people's email address's when everyone has booked their flight? Hope so. Then we'll be able to work out where else people can sit.

Also does anyone think they'll put us all in one apartment? Like all boys in one and all girls in the other since it looks like we are the last to arrive on the 4th and i've read somewhere that you are most likely to be housed with the people you check in with?

Not that long now guys - my last week of Uni this week (YYYEEESSS!), Visa next week...

*excited*

16. catwalk2486

catwalk2486 New Member

At least I only have 2/3 hours with him, unfair treatment, huh Mhairi?? lol

I thought they didn't put people from the same country into the same apartment? Or is that just a myth?

Ure sooo lucky that this is ure last week of uni - I still have about 5 weeks to go :( 3 weeks of lectures then exams - ahhh. Ah well, at least I have something fab to look forward to! :)

i'm down to london on the 5th - really excited about my wee trip!! think i'll do lots of shopping to amuse myself in the morning :)

Cat

17. slightlymazmad

How about a swap Cat? ;)

About the housing - On the year program they tend not to place people of the same country together but i dont think that applies to the College program (correct me if i'm wrong).

I should have been more specific about the whole Uni thing - i have one week of teaching left plus three exams (last one on the 19th!) but still ;D Cant believe how fast this first year has been.

18. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Ohhhh I feel so welcome haha!
    I am nice really!
    But o dont mind swapping infront if u 2 wanna sit together!
    Alexis told me yday thgat she was hopping to email us in next couple of weeks about who else was on our flight - so I guess we will just have to wait until then!

19. slightlymazmad

Aww Keir :D

40 Days today people! We're almost into the 30's ;D Though saying that i still have so much to do - like getting one of those ISIC cards so that they'll let me on the flight.

Cant wait to here from the other people - hope one of thems doing lifeguarding :)

20. catwalk2486

catwalk2486 New Member

Keir, we were only playing about...:) talking to people will make the flight a lot shorter (or at least make it seem a lot shorter!)

Can't believe its only 40 days now :eek: Like u, Mhairi, I have so much to do but will be over in a flash, I'm sure. I got one of those ISIC cards sent by STA travel when I booked my flights. Have I got the right thing?

I wonder how many of us there will be on the flight. Looking forward to getting in touch with some more people :)

I still need to pay my visa fee... I keep forgetting about it. Oh well, I have until next Friday I guess. Can't believe how much money I have spent on this, but it will def be worth it ;D

Cat