1. alex_wallington

alex_wallington New Member

Hi, Just wondering how cheap it and worth it, it would to be to buy a laptop from like Walmart or something? i really want to get a laptop so i can keep in touch with people...so its just a case of do i buy on in the UK or the US?

Thank you,

xxx

2. bravecaptain

bravecaptain New Member

I was thinking about this too. My laptop has died a death recently so I am in need of a new one. Should I buy one before I go, when I get to the US or can I live without one whilst I'm at Disney?

I guess I would use it mostly for keeping in touch with home (messenger, VoIP etc..) and maybe downloading the odd UK tv show that I find I can't bear to be seperated from.

As an aside, what are the computer facilities that Disney provide like?

3. alex_wallington

since i posted that earlier... i have been looking at laptops on the Walmart site and they look pretty much the same price. i think i will keep on saving and then decide after christmas ...prob get one from the UK if there are any Jan sale Laptops?!

If anyone has any better ideas then let me know :)

xx

4. Jay1988

Jay1988 New Member

Hey i bought a laptop from Bestbuy for $400 Toshiba, really good value, so if you take like £200-£250 your gona get value 4 money, the way the exchange rate is!

5. alex_wallington

Cool! thank you!!! i think that is my best bet!!!! xx

6. domsaunders58

domsaunders58 New Member

so the best thing to do is get one from the US?

7. alex_wallington

yeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!! my friend got one from Walmart for $300

xx

8. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Is it true that using your UK laptop in florida can mess it up a bit? as in make it work much slower.

9. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I don't think so. Mine was fine while I was there, then konked out when I got home (trapping over 2000 pictures on it that will cost me at least £600 to get off), but it was about 4 years old anyway, and got a bit of a beating! My brother took his laptop (same as my new one) when he came to visit and had no problems.

10. *minnie**mouse*

thats good to know! it's just that I read a comment by someone that said their hair straightners weren't ever the same again after using them in florida...and I kind of figured straighters, laptop...same thing lol

11. DisneyGibbs

Haha I took my Morphy Richards straightners, and although they warmed up a bit slower in the US, they were fine, and still are fine, at home.

12. *minnie**mouse*

I think i'll just hand on and buy new ones out there, and then just leave them before i come home. in the mean time i might borrow yours ::) ::)

13. cowza

cowza New Member

You need to take an adaptor won't you for all your UK appliances? The special plug thing? Any idea where to get cheaply?

14. *minnie**mouse*

places like wilkinsons have them i think, or argos. They're not expensive, I've seen them for around £3.

15. DisneyGibbs

That's what you think :p That'll be a bit of a challenge if our apartments are at opposite ends of the complex LOL

16. alex_wallington

i have been informed by the powers that be that my GHDs will be fine in US as they adapt themselves to the different electrical currents in each country! wooo hoo!!!! i cant wait to buy a laptop!!!

xxx

17. Fettes girl

Fettes girl New Member

Phew Alex, that IS a relief for you that GHD still work ;)!!!

18. alex_wallington

Ha ha ha...yes it is...you havent seen my hair at full volume ha ha.....it adds another 3ft to my height!!! ha ha!!! woo for the GHDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

19. Fettes girl

Fettes girl New Member

That i HAVE to see!!

20. alex_wallington

ha ha ha!! 'its the humidityyyyyyyyyyyyyy'!!! lol!!! woo i just got flight socks!!! im the ultimate cool!!!!!!!!!!! look out for me at the airport with my stunning socks whoop whoop!!!!

xxx