Leaving December 6th

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Izzy, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Mandy_W

Mandy_W New Member

@helen: there are defo more september ppl! its the month where the most ppl come and go, i belive! alot of ppl also arrive in june but december there are just a "few" ;D....dont worry hellen, we'll rock the house even though we are a smaller group *lol*

i know one girl from germany who will arrive in october....

2. helen

helen New Member

Hey guys,

Can you belive it's sept in 2 days?? how fast has it gone since we had our interviews?
    It's been 6 months for me and most of the ppl I met at the interviews are flying out in the next few weeks!!

Sorry to go on just getting excited with all the sept departures coming up ;)

Helen x

3. Mandy_W

Mandy_W New Member

same here hellen....cant wait ;D

4. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

It's so crazy..The summer has gone by so fast!! Usually, i'm sad when September comes along because that means snow time again...but not this year!! ;) I can't believe we're leaving in 3 months!! ;D

5. Aussie

Aussie New Member

Hey,

I am not going on December 6th, however, this is the first year they are offering the college program to Australians, for our summer, so if I do go, I will be leaving on Nov 19th or 26th.. and since there will be a first time Australian contingent I figured I had better chat to people arriving soon after I will be..

I am disappointed to learn there is no Australian pavilion. There really should be, we could have akubras and boomerangs and didgeridoos.. Americans love that stuff, well at least all of my American friends do. I think the year long program sounds fantastic, but I guess a few months could be cool too.

I am still busy deciding on whether to go, they only gave up 3 months notice that there would even be a program, the interviews are in 2 weeks... it doesn't give me much time to save. But it sounds really fun..

And I would love to educate a few more Americans that we do not ride kangaroos, I cannot wrestle a crocodile... (would be cool if I could) and Sydney is not the only city in Oz...

Will see, I am liking reading all your posts though, it has got me very excited and wishing I could go tomorrow.

Cheers

6. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

they have been talkin about puttin an australian pavillion in for a while, hope they do it would be really cool!!

7. ErinKimberly

ErinKimberly New Member

i didn't know that aussies were coming! :) when i've been telling people about the different nationalities in epcot they always seem to ask if there are any australians. i can't wait to get to meet all of you and though i am not american i definatly know that there are more cities then sydney and you don't ride kangaroos. :p

8. helen

helen New Member

Hey 'Aussie'

Welcome to the baords ;D

I think you should go for the college program if they don't offer the I.P program for the year - What Craig said about there being talks about a australian pavillion I heard that somewhere to - so one day they might offer the I.P program untill then go for the college program ;) (did that make any sence?? lol)

Helen x

9. Mandy_W

Mandy_W New Member

@aussie: i'd be awesome if there would be an australien pavillion! its my dream to go to austarlia once i earned enough money! my best friend just got back from australia yesterday froma 6 weeks trip! she saw so many things including this ....how do you call it...urulu...sth like that???? and she wants to go back so badly :).....she kinda fell in love there too :).......well maybe we could arange something that you come to germany someday and i 'll show u a good time and then you'll show me a great time down under....does that sound like a deal or not?! ;D

anyway...welcome to the bords...cant wait to talk to an aussi :)

love,
    mandy

10. Aussie

Aussie New Member

Thanks for the input guys. It's great to get feedback.

I am looking forward to share many Australianisms with you all.
    Like G'day mate, fair dinkum etc It is always fun for us to play up our Outback Australian image.
    I hope they do have an IP program for Aussies one day, but I am not holding my breath so the college program will have to do. I just hope I can save the money in time.

@Mandy: It's Uluru, formerly known as Ayer's Rock, it is a giant red rock ( larger than a hill) in the middle of the Outback. It is pretty cool, and is absolutely beautiful at sunset.
    Oh and it sounds like a deal to me, I went to Europe last Aussie summer (so European winter) and didn't get to Germany, but I really want to go.. so it would be great to have a tour guide, and the more visitors we have to Australia the better.

11. helen

helen New Member

@Aussie - have you decided to do the college program then??

Helen

12. Aussie

Aussie New Member

@Helen: Interviews are in less than two weeks. I think it would be fun, I will just have to see if
    a) they accept me and
    b) I can afford it.
    Coming on these boards, I find it hard not to get excited about the prospects of going.
    Everyone is so positive!

13. helen

helen New Member

Hey I would just say go for it!!! Because if you don't you will only thing what if?
    As for the money, I know its only approx 3 months away but you will just have to save up as much as poss!! It's not so bad for me as I work full time and just have to sacrifice a few nights out and I have saved some money. I know a lot of ppl are students so at the most I would think they have part time jobs etc so you just got to go for it and save!! ;D ;D

P.s good luck with the interviews

Helen x

14. Aussie

Aussie New Member

@Helen: Thanks...
    I am working on saving... will see I guess.
    I so want to go now though, it seems that it is an amazing experience.
    I don't know the date for my interview yet... it is all a bit backward here.. being the first year to be offered and all.
    I think I will be let down if I cannot go, reading all these boards and researching has really got me in on the hype.
    I don't know how people apply, get rejected and then reapply and wait... the waiting would kill me.
    Ah well I am babbling on...

I will let you know how it all goes.

Jay

15. Mandy_W

Mandy_W New Member

hey Jay,
    good luck with all the interviews and especially with saving up enough money....i know how it is....im working right now and so i'll make at least a lil bit.....do u actually get to work there while doing this college program???
    let us know....we'd be anxious to see you....well me cuz i wanna talk to some australian dude *lol*

see you hopefully out there soon :),
    mandy

16. helen

helen New Member

Ok guys- this can't be on the 2nd page ;) ;)

Helen x

17. Nico

Nico New Member

Hi im Nicolas from Argentina ,and I would be doin' the college program if get accepted. I've had my face to face interview with the recruiters last week , and they told the'd send us the results the week after.. so im waiting!!! :-\ As regards the program itself , we are going to work in disney , but not in the pavilions(there is no such for my conutry :'() but i dont know where... I chose F&B , i just hope they hire me....

see ya

18. helen

helen New Member

Hey Nicolas,

Good luck with waiting for the results, i'm sure you will be fine, so when will you be off to Disney 'when' you get accepted??

Helen x

19. Nico

Nico New Member

thanx helen , if i get accepted (fingers crossed) I would be flying on november 29th. So it's very close uh? i cant wait!!! whether im in or not i want to know it now!!!

20. helen

helen New Member

Yeah, it would be just a week b4 I go,
    Fingers crossed for you let us know as soon as you know anything.

Helen x ;D