Leaving in June introduction thread

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by SaraC, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Jemma

Jemma New Member

;Dhey ppl i'm also leaving in June (21st) and i cant wait!  im from n ireland, i will be 20 when i go so ill have my 21st out in florida.  does any1 know how much luggage u can bring with u??  stressing out a bit about that!

xx

2. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Jemma! welcome to the boards!
    Usually on american flights you can check in two large suitcases. Then take on the plane a carry on, laptop and hand bag. We'll get a better idea in march tho, as we'll know from michelle whos going how much she was aloud to take. Think there will be lots of shopping once everyone gets there to get everything you cant bring.
    See you in florida - i get there a wk b4 u!
    Marie
    xxx

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hey jemma, its sara ;)

yeah as marie said, the two suitcases can be max 30kg, but yummy recommend to have them at about 22-25kg so theres an allowance for bringing things back :)

will be good cos we'll b in the arrival group together and doing all the training together, my 21st is 19 days after i arrive, already have a party planned hehe ;) whens yours jemma?

Sara xx

4. Marie

Marie Guest

Another party forus to plan Jemma! Weve already got Sara having her 21st at PI and Lindseys at coyote ugly!
    We'll all gonna have a great yr. Got a feeling itll change our lives forever :)

5. Jemma

Jemma New Member

well mines not til march but we'll have a party then too! any excuse! haha.

oh i cant wait to meet every1 and see what the ppl we'll be living with are like. im gona be working in F&B and until now i only knew a couple of ppl that are goin, so this msg board is so gd!

xx

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah definately marie, yeah it sure will. i'm already making friends i can c having for a very long time, so its all great, cant wait

xxx

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

when will your birthday be jemma? mines in may just a month before i go home which is quite crappy! oh well at least someone else will be underage for the start! sara doesnt count...she only has a week!

sara - jimmy...next thing you'll be saying Cal's a a babe! haha!
    The guy that plays ryan,  ben mckenzie's like 27!!! catching up with old cal so i cant talk! but aw...he's just lovely. its the smile!!he's my screen saver on my phone!Geek!

xxx

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

right so mine is july, jemma's in march and linds in may, nice and spaced out hehe ;)

yeah jemma thought it would be useful to tell u, as i've been getting to know a lot of people here for a while, thats why i emailed jason so i could get in touch with people in our arrival group :)

xxx

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

10. Marie

Marie Guest

Yeah Jemma these boards have been a godsend its great to chat to people who are going too. Its highly addictive this site tho!

The birthdays r gonna be great. Mines in feb but i'll be old but we'll have to party anyway!

Marie xxx

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

you need to stop calling yourself old girl!!! you look my age! and your going to work in disney! age is just a umber...a number that means ill be sober for the year, but a number none the less!

xxx

12. Jemma

Jemma New Member

so lindsey i take it u'll b livin in the 'well-being block' i.e the one where NO alcohol is allowed!! i will be! will you sara? even tho u turn 21 not long after we get there?

just hope i get on with my housemates, been havin nightmares about that!!

xx

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yup will be. fun fun fun! where are you from? im from inverness in scotland!

Im honestly over the whole no alcohol thing. just one less thing thats bad for me. I'll get the drunken nights oover before i go!
    To be honest the novelty's worn off a bit anyway. was out fri and sat every week til a few months ago. done it, and now im quite happy to party sober! at least i'll remember the year!

xxx

14. Jemma

Jemma New Member

well thats true, we'll remember everything and have no hangovers!! haha

i'm from carrickfergus in n ireland. i think we'll all have a fun packed year that we'll never 4get!

xx

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

just think of the money u can save not buying alcohol ;)
    jemma i'm not too sure according to jason i may be housed there and then moved but he's unsure at the minute

are you flying from belfast on the 21st?

xxx

16. Jemma

Jemma New Member

yep flying from belfast, my friend laura is flying from there on the same date so at leat i'll know someone to travel with!!

so do u knwo how long we'll be there b4 starting work?

xx

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

oh thats cool, there's 19 of us flying out in total, we'll meet at the airport i expect once we arrive in the states.

i'm not too sure i know we have the first day after we arrive free to settle in, get essentials/shopping etc, and then we have a day at the university, as well as training, traditions and a few other things. so its around about a week i think, someone correct me if i'm wrong!

xxx

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

here's lindsey ;) just postin it for her

[​IMG]

19. Marie

Marie Guest

Haha theres a mickey mouse in the background in ur pic Lindsey youd never guess who ur gonna work for!

this is gonna be an awesome yr for everyone with or without alcohol. I prob wont be drinking if ive got an early shift the next day anyway dont wanna be like the hungover snowwhite they told us about at the presentation!

I think a week sounds about right Sara - im thinking they said day u arrive no work, day after that free then disney uni, then epcottraditions and maybe they'll start us the day after with our trainer. Wonder if we get paid for the training? I know we wont for traditions but not sure about the hrs when we are first let loose in merch/f and b!

xxx

20. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha i know you never would guess would u marie?

yeah i wonder if we do, thats an interestin thought!

xxx