Leaving July 15th, J1 Academic Program

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Lonja, Mar 12, 2007.

1. mark

mark Guest

No, I havent received it either. :(

2. Nina

Nina New Member

Well all good things come to those who wait Mark ;)

I got it and replied but got the same out of office thing as you Nicki!

3. mark

mark Guest

I bet you've been waiting 3 months for the chance to say that :D

4. Nina

Nina New Member

hmm feels like alot longer than 3 months :D

5. Lonja

Lonja New Member

I also got the email and relpied...but didnt get an out of office answer.....I really hope ill get the course I want!!!

Is anybody planning on buying a car??

6. Nina

Nina New Member

Id love to buy one
    Im going to miss not having one so much but I wouldnt be able to afford to get one there :(
    Are you?

7. Lonja

Lonja New Member

i was gonna with a friend, but she didnt get accepted....and i would really love one...its not really expansive! you can get a good car for 1000$ and then sell it when you are done with the program! I really want one, cause everything is so much easier with it! you can go to walmart, to the beach, shopping ect!!

8. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

maybe a few of us can get one together? altho i dont trust myself drivin on their roads! some states dont have compulsory insurance so we cud save some pennies an hope we dont crash!

also im wondering wether to take my video camera and make like a video diary thingy majig, do u think its worth it? iv owned this camera since my 18th birthday an have used it about 3 times lol my mum is nagging me to take it with me

9. Lonja

Lonja New Member

i would defently take the cam!! if i had one i did!!

10. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Becky is getting a car and taking me to Six Flags Atlanta. It's gonna be proper ace.

I went to the embassy today, it was so boring, queued outside for 2 hours and then they finally let us in after being in the rain. I was talking to this nice woman in the queue tho who was going to research and lecture in photography in Philadelphia, and this woman who was like OMG the queues not moving but that other one is every 5 seconds.

Does the DS-2019 come back with the passport, I'm sure the guy stapled it to all my other forms?

11. mark

mark Guest

Yeah, you should get the DS-2019 back with your passport and you will also get your receipt for the sevis fee back.

12. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I can't believe its so close. I'll miss everyone at home so much. Ugh.

13. clairebenson

clairebenson New Member

got my passport back today with my visa included!! not much left to sort out now, packing and getting some money - how much cash are people taking with them?

14. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I wanna take $800, but it will be more like 6-700

15. clairebenson

clairebenson New Member

yeah that's what I'm thinking, I've got a Nationwide account, so can take money out without been charged anyway.

what courses has everyone picked for UCF?

16. mark

mark Guest

I chose ...
    • Guest Service
    • Theme Park
    • Hospitality Brand
    • Event Management
    and my back up were Leadership and E-Commerce

Though i was tempted to 'learn' about wines of the world (if it wasn't for the extra fee.)

17. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

We can all spend our $100 and learn about wine on our first night. 8)

18. Lonja

Lonja New Member

ill defently go to PI Monday night!!! thats the place to be for all CMs!!!

19. Lonja

Lonja New Member

you guys!!! our countdown is single numbered!!!! only 9 more days!!!! im sooo exicted!!! m leavingparty is on saturday, so its actually getting real!!! are you also having a party??

20. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

im having a lwaving meal tonight with the people from work becuase i leave on tuesday after 5 great years :'( and then im having leaving drinks at the pub with my girls on wednesday, i cant believe how much stuff im gona be missing while im away. my best friend has a 4 month old baby an he will be almost one by the time i get back im gona miss out on seeing him. :'(