Leaving July 15th, J1 Academic Program

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Lonja, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Lonja

Lonja New Member

dont be sad!! think of all the great experiences you will have!! and six month will go by sooooo quickly!!!

2. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Ugh I still dont have my fucking visa back yet.

The courier "knocked" to deliver it at 11am this morning, but he can't have knocked that loud because the house was silent and I was unpacking boxes in my bedroom. I called and wanted it delivered again today and they said they would try and call the courier to get him to come back today for a charge. So I sat by the front door for 7 hours incase I missed them again and nothing. What a waste of a day.

3. Lonja

Lonja New Member

well, im sure youll get it tomorrow or monday!! i have my embassy appintment on monday and i hope ill get it until thursday otherwise ill go nuts!!!

4. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

OK Im really fucked off with the couriers.

I called this morning to make sure they had put me on the Monday delivery and they hadn't. So then they said they would investigate why and called back. Then they said I cant have Monday but cvan have Tuesday and made me pay £20. I read the terms and conditions and it says the first reattempt at delivery is free. So I called them again and asked why I had been charged £20 when it says in the terms and conditions it is free. They said their system said they had tried to deliver it twice on Friday, and I had missed them both. I made them check the couriers records and after ages waiting they said it had only been attempted once, so now I have to wait for a manager to 'investigate' my case.

I feel like I have paid an extra £20 for really really shit service.

So angry and one of the women was so rude saying they had other things to do after I asked why they hadn't called me back this morning when they promised to call back yesterday.

I'll be surprised if I ever get it back.

5. mark

mark Guest

Only one more week to go everyone ;D

6. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

this time next week we'll have been in orlando for an hour!

7. Lonja

Lonja New Member

I finally had my second visa interview and this time everything worked out just fine!!! now i just have to hope that it arrives on time!! but they all said it would arrive on time!!! juhuu!!!
    only 6 more days!!! thats crazy isnt it!! im packing right now and cleaning my apt.....thats not fun!!!!!!!
    wellm enjoy your last days at home!!!!!
    see you soon!!
    lonja

8. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Im glad everything went well Lonja,

I got my visa back this morning. I paid £40 to get it before 12 and it turned up at 1pm lol, they are refunding tho.

I started packing, only one case for me I think.

9. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

In case anyone cares about the contrasting info going round about immunisation/insurance, here's what Ive found out today.

It says on UCF website that all students (national and international) need to provide immunization proof.

Kristen said Disney didnt want this but I thought UCF did as it seems to be a mandatory requirement on their site.

I called UCF health centre today, she had never even heard of this program but said that J1 VISA HOLDERS DO NOT NEED IMMUNISATION PROOF.

She did however say it was essential we had an insurance representative fill out the insurance form we dot with the DS2019. I asked if policies and ID cards were enough and she said no.

So I asked Yummy how we are supposed to get these signed, Jason triple checked with Disney and said we DO NOT need these sigining, just to take our ID cards.

He said the confusion seemed to come from how this course is preliminarily run by Disney, not UCF, so a lot of UCF's policies are not relevant.

So that clears it all up.

Edit: Kristen just sent a mail.

10. Lonja

Lonja New Member

hi guys,
    now im really getiing nervous!! we are leaving in 3 days and i still dont have my visa yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im in panik!! they said it would arrive in 3 working days, and it didnt arrive.....i know i still have two days left...but what if i doesnt work out??????

11. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Has it been processed yet? If you can find that out at least you know it's on its way.

12. Lonja

Lonja New Member

yes, they said it should be here tomorrow or saturday!sooo, please keep your fingers crossed!!!

13. Lonja

Lonja New Member

i just got told that ill be living at vista way:-( i sooo bad wanted to live in the commons or at least chatham....i already lived at vista once for a month and i didnt like it that much....well, ill make the best out ot if!!

14. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

how did you find out? does that mean we will all be living there?

15. Lonja

Lonja New Member

i dot know if all of us are gonna live there! i found out from a lady that called me for my arrival time!

16. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

vista is good, i live at vista :D

17. louise

louise New Member

Well vista is better than the treehouses. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I can't believe its only 2 days until you all leave. You must be so excited.
    So have a safe journey and let us all know how you are getting on.

18. Lonja

Lonja New Member

i still dont even know if ill be joining you all...my visa still didnt arrive...i hope it comes today...im sitting here next to the door waiting for the mail to come!!! i know im crazy, but i just wanna know it right away...my dad called the embassy and they told him that today would be the EARLIEST day it could arrive!!! and at the embassy everbody told me not to worrie, it would arrive on time....so i really dont know what to believe now!! its kinda hard to think positiv right now, cause so much already went wrong.....why should this go right????

Ill keep you updated!

19. Lonja

Lonja New Member

IIIIII GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my god, im sooooo relieved!!!! now it can really start!!!

20. Nina

Nina New Member

Thats great you can finally relax ;D