Little Disney Things That Make You Smile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~Disney_Princess~, Sep 12, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Aww, that is awesome!

2. Its also fun to do the villians 'dance' choreography at them as well. Cruella scares me and thats when she is backstage never mind on. She goes around in her makeup which doesn't bother me but when you combine that with her blonde pigtales and black reading glasses which perch on her nose, then it scares me lol. She is very very good on stage though. All the parade characters are.

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Cruella is scary, i think the parade characters are awesome!

4. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

on my first trip to dlrp i ha d a tigger backpack and during the parade tigger came over and hugged me, nearly knocking my dad who filming it over so sadly i dont have that on video but in the same parade little john stole my backpack along with chip and dale

5. cowza

cowza New Member

Think we're onto a new thing now of meeting characters haha...

My favourite was meeting Abu at the Pirate Princess Party. He is my fave character and I wasn't aware until really close to the date you were able to meet him at the party! Anyway... I was dressed as a pirate and I had my very own plush Abu as my sidekick.

When I met Abu he took the plush Abu and got really excited and then got really excited to see me. I gave him some of my beads I had aquired from the party and he went psycho. Then genie joined in... and it was just the best moment ever.

Best of all there was no line so we were with them a good 10 minues.

6. I have a couple of character meetings that I will always remember. The first is when I went with a couple of friends to see a 'friend' of minnie at character spot. We got in without waiting because of her which was a plus since the wait was 1hr 1/2 and then it turned out that i knew mickey (who called my friend a liar for wearing a just married badge) and chip. That was a surprise on its own cos we didn't know that they were all working all day. On top of that goofy stole our camera as did Dale. They took some very artistic pictures lol.

The second isn't when I met a character but a character greeting that I saw. We went to see Mickey and Minnie in the Judges Tent when there was a guest with a disability before us and the way that those characters where with that child was just magical and it meant so much to that family as a whole.

There are so many stories as the characters are so good.

7. Freckles

Freckles Guest

I love the fact that disney employ disabled people and they can hold really high positions, i wish it was like that everywhere cos having a disability shouldnt stop anyone from doign well in life. (been watching the paralympics so very emotional on the topic).

When iw as out there this time last year (sob), we were about to meet the characters when an assistant came up and asked if we minded waiting for this little boy to see them before us, and the characters will be going for a break after that. We said no not a problem and stepped aside. The character assistants had let a disabled boy and his family come from the back of a massive line to the front in order to meet the characters before they went for a break, and he had the biggest smile on his face..it made all of us smile. it was fantastic, and the characters gatehred round him and played with him so he had them all to himself. There were some people behind complaining abot the wait but we didnt care. I did get fed up by the end of the holiday about poeple complaining about the disabled people, especially being loaded onto the buses. I just wanted to turn around and say, "they have to wait for us to get off so why cant you wait for them to get on!!!"

rant over.

my personla fave two greetings was randomly meeting aladdin when entering a park (just before i got my autograph book :() so i got an extra special cuddle with him cos i said he was my favourite and i had been searching for him for the past two days.

another was i got hit by genie! it was before they implemented the lines and i was only seven (from the photo thread you can see how tall i was) and i tried to get him to sign but other kids pushed me out of the way. Genie happened to turn around and konk my on the head. It didnt hurt but he was very apologetic and signed my book and gave me a lot more time.

do you find now you are older some characters arent sure how to react to you?

cowza: so jealous of you meeting Abu!!! I have so many beanies and toys of that monkey! He is one of my all time fave disney characters (carpet and genie a close second).

8. cowza

cowza New Member

Yey another Abu fan! He is my FAVE!

I have to agree about people complaining about disabled people... there are so many selfish people around. However, I'm sure you've all encountered some *disabled* people who abuse the system too.

It really annoys me when people try to exploit the Disney system. There are plenty of people who know about 'no strings' and the disability pass... and also that you can use fastpasses after they expire.

I think people should stick to their fastpass time or there should at least be a general rule that if you are more than an hour late it is invalid. If you're not going to use the fastpass then don't bother getting it!

9. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i think someone mentioned on here about eh fastpass, that they are stamping down on it. I never knew ou could and we always tried to use them within the time limit..which sometimes was a task and a half if you had wondered to the other side ofthe park.

yeah some people you could tell were using the wheel chairs cos they were too lazy to walk etc. I was tempted to get one as i was having a relaspe and was finding it hard to walk..but i had no way of proving it so had to keep stopping every five minutes.

Abu rocks, my aunty sent me over the aladdin beanies and ended up sending three abus over as the company had botched up my first one and sent me two to replace it! I kepts the botched one as its only the hair and face not sown properly.

10. cowza

cowza New Member

There is a serious lack of Abu at Walt Disney World at the moment and at Disney in general really :-( The only thing they have is like a little figure inside an Aladdin playset. I spent my six months there on adventures to find Abu items (I'm so cool I know!)... but a lot of us on the same program did it. We all had our favourite characters and we'd look out for things for the other. It was fun haha!
    One of my friends surprised me and got an amazing Abu off ebay. He has a plastic face and everything. Magical moment right there haha.
    My dream is to see the Aladdin show at Disneyland California. One day...

11. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I remember seeing the Aladdin parade at Disney in 1994, the film had only just come out. Jasmine and Aladdin were riding a massive Abu as the elephant. But they never had an Abu character at the meet at greet which is a shame. They had spitting camals though..nice. I love the Genie, I gave him a big kiss.

12. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

The Aladdin show is amazing (and thats just from the youtube videos!)

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

wher is the aladdin show?

14. cowza

cowza New Member

It's at Disneyland in California. It's a Broadway style Aladdin show.

15. Freckles

Freckles Guest

another reason to go to CA!!!!

16. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

ROADTRIP!!!

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i bagsy shotgun!

18. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I saw the Aladdin shoe in Disneyland last year. It was SOOOOOOOOOO great. The Genie s hilarious!!! We gave him a standing ovation! lol

19. cowza

cowza New Member

Jealous!

The next Disney film to go on Broadway... definitely Aladdin don't you think?!

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

it works as a panto...why not broadway?

lion king and beauty and the beast worked. what other ones cartoon wise have gone to broadway/west end?