living together

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by frazdog, Nov 3, 2004.

1. frazdog

frazdog New Member

hi all
    just wondering if any one can help.
    my girlfriend and i are thinking about joining up, would we be able to live together or would we be seperated.we are both from the uk
    cheers

2. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Hello

From what i heard when i was at the interview the rooms are NOT co-ed. But you will probley be in the same complex.

Jordana

3. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Like Jordana said, the apartments are single sex only, but you will more than likely be both living in the commons.

Good luck to both of you with your applications and welcome to the boards!!!

Michelle xx

4. sarahuk

sarahuk New Member

You won't be officially allowed to live in the same apartment... however, there are ways of getting round this. I went out there with my boyfriend (well, i arrived a month later) and stayed in his apartment the whole year. He was lucky to have a really nice roommate who was fine with me staying there (anyone remember Thomas Danielsen from Norway? we're looking for his email!) but if you don't happen to have such understanding roommates there are other options. What some people did was 'pair up' with other couples - the 2 guys and 2 girls would ask to move into 1 bedroom apts together, then just swap over.

Hope this helps, good luck with your applications!

Sarah :)

5. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Do you know what Disney's reasons are for not allowing couples to live together?

6. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

I guess it's just for safety reasons so nothing "happens". Disney will only allow married couples to live together - my french room-mate went out to Las Vegas and had one of those wedding chapel marriages to his long-term girlfriend. After which they were allowed to move in with each other.

Nick

7. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I think it's also because of the whole living experience they want you to make. I mean they don't just seperate sexes, they also try to get all nationalities mixed in one apt. and I personally think it's the best part about it. I mean you can always have your bf/gf stay at your place, they don't have anything against that. But they probabaly don't want you to shut yourself off from everyone. I liked it the way it was.

Laterz
    Julia

8. flavour

flavour New Member

there were lots of people who basically had their bf/gf live with them...as long as your roommate doesn't mind...i remember a friend of mine who always had one empty bed in their apt. not know ing if someone is actually living there...they were kinda surprised when all of a sudden that girl moved back in as her bf had left!

later! flavour xoxo