London Embassy Phone Number

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by jameshamuk, Feb 26, 2010.

1. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

I posted it in the visa topic but thought i'd make a topic of its own incase any of you'se missed it.

I found a local number online so you dont get charged the £1.20 a minute

It's 0207 499 9000 =)

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

But will we be able to book appointments with it, or is it just for enquiries do you think?
    xx

3. Sofi

Sofi Guest

is this kinda like an english landline? so we can ring it off our mobiles and itl be included in our minutes? x

4. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Yes, 0207 is the STD code for London.

5. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

So we would be able to ring that number to make our appointment the same way as if we were ringing the other one.

6. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member

Has anyone actually tried this number and did you manage to get your appointment without paying a crazy amount per minute?

7. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

Yeah you can its exactly the same as the other number, nice american automated spiel from a guy before you get put through to an operator :)

8. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

sweet well i think i will be ringing that number then. Thanks. x

9. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Forget it - i just called and they said I had to call the 09 number - woop.

10. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member

thats what I thought....would have been too easy....it sucks tho...dont have a landline and I'm scared that I will run out of credit during the phone call. For those people who already got their appointment scheduled, how long did the call take?

11. disneydj

disneydj New Member

Can't say exactly, but probably about 4-5 minutes, they have to take your card information, process the transaction, ask you where the appointment will be, what date, remind you of some stuff, and that's about it - but yea i'd make sure you have about a tenner on your phone!

12. Sofi

Sofi Guest

has any1 had the bill back for this phone call? i haveto ring off my mobile and im scared itl be like £20 =s x

13. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Well I was on the phone for 9 minutes and it's £1.20/min from a landline... god knows for a mobile. Hope its not too awful! I did have to pay £30 for a train ticket to london tho even with a railcard!

14. Sofi

Sofi Guest

im gunna get coach and wow whyd it take 9 mins? im dreading this fortune x

15. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member

I checked O2 fees and its gonna cost me 1.50 a minute.... :(

16. bernyesha21

bernyesha21 New Member

Oh, really? That's good, thanks for sharing that information for us. If that is true you could not charge more of ringing that number. I will try it later to ask an appointment.