london interviews

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Rudy, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Rudy

Rudy New Member

hello,

is anyone going to the disney cruise line interviews in london next week?

rudy x ;D

2. Frenchie

Frenchie New Member

Hello Rudy,
    are you taking about London, Ontario or London England? Because I want to go work on the disney cruise line so badly. I sent my resume to cast-a-way in Montreal 4 times and they never even call me or e-mail me back. I very sad. So I decided this week to sent my resume in Lake Buena Vista hoping that I will get an interview faster this way.

I guest it's because I apply for Food and Beverage and they don't need anybody at this time. What are you applying for? Did you go through any agency?
    I hope for you you get the job..., Kathrine. ;)

3. Rudy

Rudy New Member

hello,

London, England, they're being held sat 25th in Hammersmith. I'm quite looking forward to it.

It's an agency call Seefar Associates that I've been dealing with, I originally applied for Guest Services but didn't hear anything (they prefer multi-lingual applicants). I re-applied a month later for Merchandise and then was invited to an interview.

Keep trying, if you fancy another position, try that too, be patient as well, i got a letter yesterday inviting me to a starboard interview, over a month after I'd sent off my application, you just have to remember it's quite a slow process!

good luck! ;D

4. Rudy

Rudy New Member

i've been accepted subject to...

*police background check
    *medical

i'll actually believe it when i've passed all the checks and tests and i'm holding on to my plane ticket! ;D

5. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Ooh, well done! :D

You'll be fine with the police background check...unless you're hiding something! ;)

Congratulations!

Ellen :D

6. DisneyDiddl

DisneyDiddl New Member

Hey Rudy

Congratulations
    My Name is Diana (I'm from Germany) and I just got accepted for the DCL, too! I'm going to work in Merchandise!
    I have to to the checks now, too.
    I'm really looking forward to start! ;D
    Do u know when u can start?

Diana

7. Rudy

Rudy New Member

Hi Diana,

I'll be in merchandise too!
    I've already sent off my police checks & I have my medical next week. I then have to wait for all the results to say i'm "hirable" and then i will have to wait for a start date! so I'm hoping I'll be gone for christmas!!

Is your process the same?

Do you know which boat you'll be working on?

Rudy ;D

8. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

Hopefully you'll get on the ship ASAP ladies

I was interviewed and accepted for merch this time last year :) told them i wanted to leave ASAP and was told i would be out of the country by the end of the year.
    I had my medical pretty much straight away in Leeds and was cleared medically fit and had my police check complete by around 10th November and then i waited to hear something....
    and waited .....
    and waited ....

On the 11th March i was offered a cruise contract- starting in April (pending visa)  :-\ - i turned the job down.  Fingers crossed for you guys that the waiting list  has shrunk since then!

ciao :)

9. Rudy

Rudy New Member

that's awful!!

i'm beginning to realise that disney are really slow at recruiting.
    *for WDW i applied November, interviewed March and finally went in November.
    *And for DLP i interviewed September and they ignored me for 2 months, then they gave me a start date in December and forgot to send me any info or contract, so my start date passed and i finally went in January - they were appalling!
    *It looks like I'll just have to keep waiting, I'm getting fairly good at it.
    To top it off, my medical got cancelled today, they said i couldn't re arrange it due to unforseen circumstances and i'd have to go to london instead.

what a pain in the arse!

another! trip to london - i'm thinking i should live there!!

;D

10. angela

angela New Member

Hey Frenchie,

I am in the same boat as you...I keep applying for F and B, but I guess they dont need anyone right now?

Keep me posted on how your application goes!

by the way...Katherine, were you there 2002-2003? Canadian Pavillion?

Angela

11. Rudy

Rudy New Member

i'm waiting, and waiting..... i've passed my medical but who knows how long it'll take before i hear anything....i'm soo crap at being patient!!

melissa ;D

12. Rudy

Rudy New Member

i guess the whinging paid off, my info pack is in the post and my visa interview is now made for 5th january!

only a bit longer to wait!! xx ;D

13. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Do all Disney recruit have to have a medical or is it only the DCL? Also are you guys on a 12 month contract like the other guys or is it a position for however long you want it for? :)

14. Rudy

Rudy New Member

hello!

only the cruiselines make you take medicals cos they really can't afford for you to be sick! also if it was major, they'd have to fly out a helicopter for you etc not good!

my contract is for 6 months and then 2 months off, if i want to renew it and they think i worked welll enough i can go back for another 6 months, kinda of forever until i get bored!

;D

15. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

...since i finished the IP I've had a problem with being bored with jobs!! hehehe ;D   
    I think you'll be too busy to get bored on the ships!

Bon Voyage

16. shannypooh2

shannypooh2 New Member

Hi,
    Who is going to work Merch. for DCL? I wish you all a quick start date. Be patient, contracts come up quite often so don't worry. I've been in Merch. on the Wonder since March 2000! I am an assistant manager and can give you all the info you like. Good luck to all of you, hope to meet you on the Wonder sometime soon!

Have patients!!!
    Shannon

17. Rudy

Rudy New Member

hi shannon,

my visa interview is jan 5th so i've been told to expect to leave end of jan/beginning of feb and yes i'll be in merch. i know it'll be hard work but i'm actually looking forward to it!!
    i presume you don't find out which boat you're on until you get there? i really don't mind which, i've been on wonder but not magic.

thanks for all the useful posts!

melissa ;D

18. shannypooh2

shannypooh2 New Member

Melissa,
    You may know which ship you'll be on before you leave but no guaranties. Sometimes that can change anyway! You'll become very flexible as things can change quite a bit!
    If you end up on the Wonder...I'll see you there! We have a great time really. The hours aren't too bad as many days we worked split shifts with many daytime hours free (on the Wonder). Just be sure you give yourself time to adjust. It takes a good 3 weeks or so to get into the swing of things. You will have lots of training the first 2 weeks and it will be tiring but you get through it!
    If I can answer any dept. related questions, just let me know! Or any other questions you might have about ship life! A word of advice...don't bring too much with you! You wear your costume a lot and don't really need lots of clothing. You will need all white running shoes for Castaway Cay and black leather dress shoes for work onboard. Try to get a loafer style black shoe with all rubber soles...your feet will thank you! Anything you need to know just send me an email!

Lots of luck,
    Shannon

19. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

What are the differences of the two ships and what are the differences when working on the? ???

:D

8)

20. shannypooh2

shannypooh2 New Member

The ships are the same but there are differences in decor and some of the spaces like restaurants etc. The Magic does 7-day cruises and the Wonder does 3 and 4-day cruises. As for differences in working on either one, the pace on the Wonder is much faster than on the Magic. And the Magic goes to the Carribean where the Wonder goes to the Bahamas. Have you been to www.disneycruise.com??

Shannon