Looking for USA Sim Card with good international call/ text rates.

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by BANGItsLaura, May 4, 2010.

1. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

Hello! Me again...

My phone has tri band, and so once it's unlocked I should be able to just put a US simcard in and it will work for me to stay intouch with everyone in the US, sorted.
    My only query is trying to find one with cheap international calling rates so I can call and text home. I've have a bit of a browse, and Red Pocket seems to be good? You can get one with yummy jobs, but I don't think it's a good plan for international calls.
    SO yeah, anyone got any good ideas of a US sim that has cheap international call rates? We have the orange camel pay and go plan, so the US must have something similar right?

Thanks for your help... again :D
    :p

2. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

TBH your best bet is to go with a major US company's sim card (often makes it easier to top up, get good coverage etc) then use skype for international calls/texts.
    The question is whether you think you can restrict yourself to only making calls when you're in your apartment. Personally I never found this to be a problem because when I'm out I'm doing stuff so didn't want to be phoning abroad. Plus there's the time difference thing. If you have an emergency you can still use the US simcard so it all worked fine for me.