:-) Looks like i'll see you guys in February!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Sellwegger, Dec 7, 2004.

1. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

well done beth :)

see you in feb.........woohoo the gangs getting bigger!!!!

love stephxxx

2. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

YAY!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The letter came today, i'll be joining you in february! Looks like we've got quite a little team going now!!!

Fair play, i was bricking myself when i got the envelope out of the pidgeon hole!

See y'all soon!

Dan

3. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

yay! Congrautlations to you ;D Big Cheesy grins all round :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

4. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Congrats Beth and DAn! How exciting...everyone else at the interviews will be 'how the hell do you all know each other already!?' hehe!!

so the list of Feb people, just so everyone knows

Me (ellen)
    Emma
    Bryan
    Izzy
    Steph
    Beth
    Dan
    Chris
    Sellwegger
    Frazdog

by the way, Sell and Fraz...do you have real names?? :-\ (or are they them! ::))

Have I left anyone out?? I'm sorry if I have..let me know and I'll add your name!! :D

Hurrah everyone...and only 2 months to go!

Ellen xxx

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww wow congrats everyone, dan i said ud get ur letter today ;) told u it wud b good news.

awww u got a nice big interview crowd there :)

xxx

6. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Thanks Sara, your waters didnt let you down!!

Looking forward to the interview already!! :D

Dan

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hehe ;) i think i have a new profession ahead of me ;) yeah i remember when i had my letter in may for my november interview i was soo excited but i had ages to wait, u havent got that long so i can understand the excitement :) it'll come around quickly

xxx

8. helen

helen New Member

Hiya every1,

I got my letter yesterday i'm through to the London interview in Feb 2!!!!
    I still cant belive i've got this far.
    Whats the average age of every1? coz i feel a bit old reading all these
    messages, i'm only 22.

p.s my names Helen and i'm travelling from the norh east is any one else??

see you all in feb!!!! :)

9. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Helen!
    Welcome to the boards! Congrats on getting the face to face interview!
    In answer o your age question...
    I'm 22 and ive just been accepted to work in merch starting June 14th - i'll be 23 by the time i get there.
    I dunno the average age of everyone on this board i think everyones between the ages of 18 and 25. Though at my interview i met a 26 yr old guy and a 27 yr old girl - so i felt quite an average age after that - lol
    I dont think it matters what age you are everyones got the same interest - we all wanna work for disney! A guy i know who did the college program was 26. Wonder what the age of oldest participant they ever had was?!
    Good Luck,
    Marie :)

10. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hey helen congratulations!!

i think marie's answered that, im 20 at the minute and will turn 21 just after i arrive. but yeah theres definately people who r 28, there was one of the alumni at our interviews and im sure she said she was 27/28 when she went out to orlando.

where abouts in the north east r u from?

xxx

11. helen

helen New Member

Thanks for that,

This is the 1st time i have put a message on here so thanks for the fast reply.

I live in a small village between Durham and Middlesbrough so it will be a treck down to London, well if it has to be done...

Do you know how many people go to the face to face? and how positions are available? sorry for the questions i was just wondering.

H.+ :)

12. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Helen!
    I was at the Glasgow interviews and there was around 28 people, i think Kerry said there were 27 at belfast - though some of them have got September departure dates so maybe they arnt interviewing in Belfast in February? just wondered cos i think london and glasgow were just march - june departures. Sara/michelle/dan will tell you better, but i think there were around 40 in london- but not sure!

i dont know how many they accept - i dont know if anyone does. Even Jason and Alexis said they didn't know when i asked them b4 my interview. I think it depends what dates the previous years applicants are leaving and how many people have been sent home during the year. But when i asked Jason if it was around twenty people he said they take a lot more than that and everyone gets a chance to shine at the interview. I think Kerry said of the 27 interviewed at Belfast 17 have had offers - dunno if the percentage was that high for Glasgow/London but that suggests you have a good chance.

Good luck and any questions about the interview just ask away. this forum has been such a support for me and i want you guys to come and join us next year!
    Marie :)

13. Marie

Marie Guest

Oh Emma, i meant to say, anything i can do to answer any interview questions fire away. I didnt know about these forums till after my face to face so dunno if everything i did/said was right. I was lucky that i met a girl at my interviews who'd been accepted b4 but hadnt been able to go - as she gave me lots of advice.

The day starts with a presentation and i made sure i smiled lots during it and looked interested - joined in when they asked a question that they wanted everyone to answer together. It wasnt difficult to stay enthusiastic as the presentations interesting and a lot of fun! I also put my hand up in the trivia quiz and won a prize - an international programs badge. Which i then made sure to wear at my interview - lol!

In terms of questions i think a big one is Give an example of a time you've delivered Disney level customer service. Luckily an example came to me off the top of my head. But if you're nervous its prob a good idea to have an example planned. There are lots of other questions i was asked - a lot vary though depending on what your job preferences are... Alot of the questions are quite similar to the telephone interview ones. Though luckily in the face to face they didnt ask me the difficult one that id got on the telephone interview - what one thing would you tell a foreigner about your country?...

:) Good Luck...
    Marie

14. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Hi Helen!

I'm from Durham uni, so i will have to make the long trek down to London also!!

I'm probably going to get the national express and stay in a cheapo-beapo hotel!

Glad to hear there is someone else from the NE going down for February!!

15. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

I think they hold interviews at a couple of venues across the country so you may have one nearer to you :)

Helen I wouldn't worry about feeling old, i'm also 22 and i think the ages vary really between 20 - 30. Wehne we were out there a few months ago we ate in The Rose and Crown and the lady who served us was in her 30's so i really don't think age is a factor.

Ellen (a few posts back) ha ha! yes Frazdog and I have real names, mines Selina and his is Fraser x (he's 26 by the way) x :D

16. frazdog

frazdog New Member

26 U MUST BE KIDING I am only 21 ;D

17. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Ha ha Ha Ha ha ha :D

Sorry, did i burst your bubble x x :-* :-* :-*

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hahaha at u 2.

helen, thats cool yeah it will be a treck as marie said i dont know if it will just be london interviews or not come february cos there could be one in glasgow like in november but jason/alexis will contact u nearer the time.

I was askin where abouts u were from as have a lot of relatives in the north east, one of my best mates lives in richmond as well, interestin fact there haha

xxx

19. helen

helen New Member

Hi Sara,

Yeah Richmond's not too far away i suppose, i live near Durham.

I think I'm getting the train to London, it will only take a few hours, can't wait tho think I'm going to make the most of it and go for a couple of days.

I will prob be asking you loads of questions closer to the time when i get even more nervous!!!

Selina, It does'nt look like Fraser's too happy wit you at the mo, telling me he was 26. hahahaha (does he look it?) ;)

20. SaraC

SaraC New Member

have a lot of relatives who live in spennymoor, chester-le-street etc etc.

yeah u can ask away mate, any help i can give u is no prob ;)

yeah well i live in staffordshire so i went down for a day the day before stayed the night met up with michelle & dan for a drink & sumit 2 eat, then went 2 the interview came back that evning, was a good couple of days :)

xxx