Medical - BMI

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by ccs0113, Apr 30, 2013.

1. ccs0113

ccs0113 New Member

Hi everyone! I haven't even gotten a job offer yet, but I am hoping to hear by the end of this week! Then I'd have to do the medical and background check. I was just curious, I saw a post from someone on a different site about Body Mass Index and that cruise lines require a certain BMI. One of my friends from Royal Caribbean said that for them he didn't believe that was true...can you tell me the validity behind that for DCL. I shouldn't have an issue, but I am the type of person who likes to know everything I need to be prepared for. :)

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

They weighed and measured my height but never said anything about a BMI requirement :)

3. ccs0113

ccs0113 New Member

I figured they'd do that as part of a routine physical examination, and I figure someone that was extremely heavy might get denied due to health reasons, but this guy posted that he was listed as "temporarily unfit" for a contract and so it just made me curious as to what their requirements might be.

4. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

I haven't heard of any BMI requirements for DCL. The only thing I have heard that is remotely similar are performers having it in their contracts about certain physical requirements (not tanning, fitting in certain size costumes etc). Otherwise I have seen quite a few larger crew members that I would imagine would have a very high BMI. I would even classify a few as extremely heavy. I wouldn't worry about BMI.

5. ccs0113

ccs0113 New Member

Thanks for your response! I know, I have seen bigger people too...so I don't know how true this blog was...maybe there were other health issues that had to do with this guys weight. I was just surprised when I saw BMI as a factor as I know how inaccurate that test can be. I'm still hoping to hear something about the job, fingers are still very much crossed!