medical insurance

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Chiyo, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Chiyo

Chiyo New Member

Hi,

I have a question: I'm on the year long program (crp)..and wanted to know how much does it cost the medical insurance...more or less, just to have an idea..International service's guys told me 40/50 euro a month..now...I've read this statement in an old topic:

"They will also pay your health insurance but only after the first 3 months"

Is that true?...do I have to pay just for the first 3 months??? that would be great...

2. speck

speck New Member

Normally the way medical insurance works here is that you are not eligible to apply for group medical insurance within a company until after a probation period. So normally after a given time period (which may be 3 months) than you are eligible to pay into the group insurance, otherwise you can get personal insurance on your own.

However!!! I could be completely wrong, I do know this is that way it works for Americans, maybe Disney gives special insurance to international cast members, but I doubt it because it would cause World War III with the U.S. cast members.

They will give you all that information during your Traditions class after check-in and arrival. But some word of advice...sometimes company insurance costs more than personal insurance, so be sure to check it out and perscription insurance is not always covered. :)

3. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Disney will not pay any insurance for you! I know it sounds like it on the interview the way they say it. But they mean that after the first 3 months you're allowed to use the disney insurance. I don't remember how much you have to pay for that at the moment...

4. sineadg

sineadg New Member

Hi, my sister worked in the US for a year and it was cheaper for her to upgrade her insurance at home (in Ireland) to an international rate than to pay american insurance. Just thought that since you are European you might have the same option with you state insurer. It might be worth looking into since it is soooo expensive over there!

5. speck

speck New Member

Oh! that IS a good idea, to have decent medical coverage over here will cost a couple hundred dollars a month, it may be a little less under group (Disney) insurance, but not by a whole lot. The medical insurance system over here is so complicated and expensive! No wonder it is such a huge political debate. ::)

You can pay a super low montly rate of say like $80, but when you go to the Doctor you will have to pay about $200 as a co-pay just to see the Dr.

You can pay a higher montly rate of about $140 and when you go to the Dr. it will cost you $0-$20, so if you get U.S. medical insurance think about how often you will see the Dr.

6. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

So should you have all your medical insurance up to date and everything before you apply or just before you. Basically is it a requirement to get hired?

7. kike_ruz

kike_ruz New Member

No u should not, as far as I know is a requirement once you´re hired and going to Florida, not before u apply...They will explain u everything u need to have in the f2f interview ;)

Kike ;D

8. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

That's true, you don't need any insurance before you actually go to work there ;)

9. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

ok good to know thanks guys :)