memories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lindsey, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

just thought i'd start a new topic, things that you never forget about lorida in general. and your fave things bout it.

I will never forget the smell of ETs forest when your qing for the ride or how it feels when you get off the plane and suddenly you get hit with the warm florida air!ahhh nice! 8)

and im not gonna answer my second question...i'd be there all day and im working in 40 minutes!haha!

anyone else??....

Linx
    xxxx

2. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

One of my memories is being stung by a wasp/hornet (some horrible creature that shouldn't be allowed to exist! :mad:) and getting to go to the First Aid centre in the Magic Kingdom, where I was given an ice pack to put on it, with some green jelly stuff on it that the woman told me was slimer from the Ghostbusters!!

and the smell of all the shops you go into...they all have something about them that makes them so disney-fied! :D

Ellen xxx

3. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

my memory of florida was me being a complete idiot when i was little! i walked round epcot and tried to act like all the people from different countries, so China i started talking gobbledgook for some reason bowing. France is started acting all posh, and Italy i started walking round with a heavy accent. I can't believe i actually did that! I know now that they don't do that in those countries!

another memory was the thunder storm...i know its only a thunder storm, but i just couldent believe how big it was with all the lightning flashing, and it was really loud as well. I thought it was fab - my brother didnt though he was in the swimming pool when it started!

But my fave thing aout Florida was the heat! You could walk around and not worry about being cold! This was easter time, and you could just go back to the place where you were staying and just jump in the pool if you got too hot.

Sarah :D

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol sarah i used to do that, i used to talk in all the accents *well try and fail* and my dad would b like what nationality are u now? haha

awww but i know what u mean bout ETs forest, it rules lol!

I think probs my favourite memories was watchin my first parade back in 1991 when i first went to magic kingdom, i thought it was amazing, and i wanted to be in it! I remember one day as well we waited in the park all day so we could see the spectro-magic parade then there was a thunderstorm and it got cancelled! so i cried my eyes out for ages lol.

ooh and as well, i remember once havin a 'cup of dirt' u know with the jelly worms in etc etc, for my breakfast once, dont ask me why, but i shall tell u its not a great idea lol

xxx

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

lol sara!I had one of those when i was there in october! what a big kid i am!haha. but it was soo good!

xx

6. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Think my favourite thing is the first walk into a Disney park when you go there for a visit. Doesn't matter which park but its like you really realise you're there! Sounds a bit daft but I'm hoping you'll know what I mean. I also love Fantasmic. Sends shivers up my spine, and I just sit there with such a humungous grin on my face! ;D
    Charlotte x

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i know what you mean charlotte!

i also love how when you walk in youre suddenly hit with the smell of fresh popcorn....yum! always smells better than it tastes though!

xx

8. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Has anyone seen the new advert for Disney? With the litle boy that is standing open mouthed at the entrance of the Magic Kingdom, looking down Main Street USA and seeing the castle. Those are excatly my memories and everytime I see that advert I'm like, "ooooooooooooo, I wanna go back!" ;D

9. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I love the voice over on the Railroad that says 'Boooooaaaarrrrrd'......you know you're there then! :D

Ellen x

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

hehe...wanna go now! I shouldnt have started this coz it just makes me wanna go NOW!

xx

11. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I love being on the boat going across the lagoon towards Mk and you can see the castle getting closer and closer - just amazing feeling!!

I know the first time i get to do that in march Ill prob get all teary!!!

12. SaraC

SaraC New Member

oooh i always get excited on the approach to disney when you see the monorail, we always used 2 stand at the monorail station and try and guess what colour monorail we would get. awww i cant wait to get bk there!

xxx

13. Floeckchen2301

Floeckchen2301 New Member

awwwwwww :-[

to read that makes me wanna go back!!!!!!!!! :'(

I miss the special smell of Florida, that already hits you with the nice heat as soon as you leave the plane....
    I loved to go shopping over there, its just you can go and get everything at every time. My favourite shopping time was round 2 am at walmart.. ;D

And one of my favourite memories is the night of our graduation. We went out for dinner to the Ohama at the Polynesian Resort and had just a great time and we were soooo touched when the Magic Kingdom fireworks started...

Well, I think my most favourite memory is the feeling of cruising through the states... 8) doesn't matter which state, I loved to drive throught Nevada, California, Florida or even to Epcot... I just LOOOOVED that feeling of feeling free and, watch the great landscape everywhere, the nice cities and all the people...

hach, wanna go baaaack :D

14. there are tons of memories...

the best are the memories with the girls...

@Floeckchen...

do you remember the magician at the Graduation? We had the BBQ and all of a sudden there was a Magician. And he was talking to me, and after about 2 minutes he asked what time we have. I watched at my wrist, and my watch disappeared. I was shocked, because it was a very expensive watch. But it was the stupid magician... He tricked me, and I didn't took attention. I looked like I've seen 2 heads... Remember???

15. Floeckchen2301

Floeckchen2301 New Member

;D haaa, yeah I remember that one!!!!!! That was too funny... :D

But I still dun know how they are doing that... :-\ thats amazing....
    but the food at the BBQ is not one of my favourite memories though ;)

c ya

16. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i know what you mean about the smell that hits you when you leave the plane. no matter where you are even if its somewhere else humid...the smells never as it is in florida. dont know what it is, but it is the best felling in the world, you know you're there then!

xx

17. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I think all countries have their own smell....spain always smells very distinctive to me too!! :-\

Ellen xxx

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww i so know the smel thing. i get so excited when the plane doors open once ur landed n u just feel the heat hit u, i get so hyper lol. can u tell?

xxx

19. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I like it when in the car from the airport and you see all those big Billboards advertising the parks and the rides!! 8)

:D

20. Carol

Carol New Member

I have soooooo many memories from Disney! Defo getting off the plane and feeling the hot air and the smell going through the terminal at Orlando airport! Seeing all the big cars! Getting in one of those big taxis and driving to Old Key West ( DVC ). Yea stu I like all those big advertisements - I remember my brother going mad when he saw the hooters one! It was a lot less clean than this one!!

[​IMG]

I love HOTDOGS with all the toppings, how cold it is in Goodings, the smell in Cinderella's Castle! Water fountains, running on to rides at midnight for one last shot befor the MK closes. CARAMEL APPLES!! VANILLA FUDGE! MAIN ST USA,when everyone is leaving at night..... Disney transport, Planet Hollywood, the resturant in MGM studios with the waitresses like moms who make you go and wash your hands b4 you eat!! Swimming, sunscreen, smiling...........

And soo much more...............

[​IMG]

AHH  the Magic of Walt Disney World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!