Mickey's Retreat

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by CherylLynn, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Mom-eh

Mom-eh Member

With regards to the trips, I know there was a group that arranged a bus trip to Tampa to see a Vancouver Canucks hockey game. Not sure how this was done but I know it can be done. They probably know at the office in the clubhouse. I don't think the cost was too much either. I'm assuming if you get enough people interested in something then they might arrange it for you. My son has his car there and has made a few trips to Tampa to hockey games and to Busch Gardens (partner on your Sea World annual pass) and he doesn't have too much trouble filling his car. I bet if you wanted to go to a ball game you could even rent a vehicle and split the cost, I don't think it would cost you that much in the end and its not that far to go either. I think the biggest roadblock for things like that is getting the day off together with people you know or work with and your friends, that seems to be the most hassle. Oh and a bonus for Boston Pizza lovers - the only one close to you is in Tampa!

2. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

i would have loved to go see the canucks, they're my home team lol. i guess another thing to worry about is the price of gas, which is a nightmare here right now...but i guess if everyone pitches in it won't be too bad plus it all part of road trip fun lol.

3. lish

lish New Member

i also would love to see the nucks.

On the note about the lakes... i havent swam in a chlorinated pool in almost 2 years... this is going to be a shock. Im sure i will get used to it tho, i suppose.

Im excited guys.. 2 weeks.

4. DisneyDreamer85

DisneyDreamer85 New Member

Lish! 2 weeks today! Can you believe it?! Oh my goodness!! a haha ha
    Hockey games would be good too!!!! I need to see the Leafs...Sorry guys...HUGE fan :) lol

5. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

ewwwwww a leafs fan?? :eek: Sens all the way!

6. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

sens? ew I think I just threw up in my mouth a little just saying their name... lol
    GOOOOO LEAFS! ;D

7. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

We all know that the best Canadian team is Calgary ppl ! :p

8. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

I'm with Steffie... SENS rock.

9. DisneyDreamer85

I'm going to have to agree with Casey on this one...
    GO LEAFS GO!!!!
    The Flames may be going the farthest in the playoffs, but the Leafs have the best fans in the world :)
    And the cutest trainers!! lol

10. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

This is the 2nd thread I've seen that's started to turm into a hockey debate hahaha

11. DisneyDreamer85

You might be from Canada when.....
    You can change any conversation into a hockey debate! lol

12. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

BOooooo
    I'm from Canada and I don't wanna talk about hockey anymorree :(

13. juliaxo

juliaxo New Member

Bahha sooo Mickey's Retreat eh....

14. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

so is there where the pool parties and stuff are then?!

ps. can you rent canoes?! it may have been somewhere else but im jw.

15. lish

lish New Member

as long as no one is rooting for the oilers.. we shall be FINE.

DEAL!?

16. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

No, the pool parties are hosted at the housing complexes ;)

17. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

All I say is .... GO RED WINGS!!! ;D ;D ;D

18. Kevus

Kevus New Member

The only reason i would go to mickey's retreat would be if i was doing lifeguarding and had to take my exams there... i mean your a cast member, you could probably sneak into a resort and spend your time in the pool there

19. simmyd23

simmyd23 New Member

i thought you were allowed to go to the resort swimming pools...
    i know a good few people did last summer and i always assumed they were allowed - but maybe they were just sneaking in hehe

20. Kevus

Kevus New Member

lol well i am pretty sure you are allowed but i didnt want to be 100% in case someone gets in trouble :)