Mission: Space

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CanadianCole, Apr 1, 2011.

1. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

So heres the deal. For the last few Disney trips I've been going on the Mission: Space less intense version. In about two weeks we'll be going to WDW for probably our last family vacation. So I really want to try all the rides I've been too scared to go on, including the more intense version of Mission: Space. So what's it like? Any tips on how to survive it? What are the worst parts?

Thanks! ;)

2. Hi! Well, I've never tried the less intense version, I always choose the orange team!!! Personally I don't find it too intense but some of my friends got headaches and motion sickness after riding.

Actually, you don't get to feel the spinning but you feel like a force pushing you towards the seat, the "worst" part is the launch so just try not to move your head to the sides or you could get somewhat dizzy. And try not to eat before riding, just in case :p Good luck!!

3. Missish

Missish New Member

I've never done the less intense version (it didn't exist the twice I've been on M:S), because honestly, I HATED this ride, and I've no desire to do it again, even in a lighter version. I do get motion sick, but usually I can handle it. On this? Ugh, no. My body hated me for it. I hated the feeling of being forced into your seat, and I felt so ill I had to sit down for a while afterwards. Not good :-[

But - I do think it's something everyone (who can according to the safety guidelines of course!) should try, if only so they can say 'yep, I've done it, no plan to do it again, but I've done it!' ;)

4. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I used to do the more intense version... Now I always pick the less intense version... Unless I skip it completely for Test Track ha ha.

After doing the CRP I now work for Disney Cruise Line and I actually just met the Imagineer who was the show producer for Mission: Space. He told me he rode it at least 20 times on testing... Crazy! Ha ha. :eek: