Mm mm Good! Disney Fooooood!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Feb 4, 2009.

1. mpark90

mpark90 Member

They should get rid of all McDonalds in the world :) :) X

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

But where would people desperate for a minimum wage job go?
    There just aren't enough Burger Kings around! :p ;)
    xx

3. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

What!?! I love McDonald's!!! I love being able to get fries in the parks... but it probably makes sense logistically and economically.

4. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

agreed :) Ya just gotta have it sometimes!

Plus it's true it's the perfect first job! And their fries are the best! lol

5. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Haha im gonna take that with a pinch of salt

seeing as i work there and everything :)

Haha

6. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

don't they pay pretty alright wages in the uk ones though?

7. mpark90

mpark90 Member

I'm on nearly £6 an hour and i think minimum wage for 18 year old is about £4.80

So its not too bad i guess haha

8. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

that's over minimum wage for 22+ year olds, and that's what i get paid when i work for my mammy

"There are three levels of minimum wage, and the rates from 1 October 2008 are:

£5.73 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older
    A development rate of £4.77 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive
    £3.53 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age"
    (source: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/)

you know what's really sad, when you reference things automatically, even if they're non-academic...i think i've been in uni too long!

9. princess_shayna

ahahaha school will do that to ya ;)

10. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

...and with the current economic climate having any job is something to be thankful for...

11. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

... and all the more reason to appreciate that dollar value menu meal at McD's! haha It just comes full circle!

I don't eat there a lot cause I don't think my stomach could take it, but every time I go, it has to be a Big Mac! Their fries do rule though!

But... I think they may be replaced with a new love in my life by the name of yam fries... mmmm... yummy, and better for ya!

12. MeganHitachiin

MeganHitachiin New Member

How is WDW for healthier selections I unfortunately have not had the opportunity to go and I was curious if any of the restaurants offered like salads or somethings ... cause I am actually a semi vegetarian and so I only eat chicken??

13. Cicada

Cicada New Member

They are pretty good for vegetarian meals. I have gone multiple times since becoming veggie. 8-10 years ago there wasn't a lot of choices other than a plain salad. But now they have a lot more and I have no problem finding things to eat, and are really good. This website is really good and shows most of the veggie choices at different restaurants and counter service places. Just scroll down and click on where you may want to eat - http://allears.net/din/special.htm

14. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

I will second that recommendation for the allears.net web site - if you want to see menus or get an idea of what kind of food a restaurant serves, that's definitely the place to hit up!

That said, it's not too hard at all to find a more healthier option, even at the quick service food spots. Disney has become more health conscious in recent years, and so there's more variety than the standard hot dog and burger for sure. They do lots of really yummy sandwiches all over the place as well (Columbia Harbor House, Earl of Sandwich, to name a couple) and more often than not I'll opt for those for a quick dining option! Though... I gotta feed my Peco's Bill fix every once in a while... ::)

15. princess_shayna

mmm pecos bill's - hard to resist!! :p

16. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

17. princess_shayna

oooo yummers! I have a great feeling it'll be great!

18. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Yeah I remember seeing her on a random talk show a while back and talking about it - it sounds like it's going to be yummers! A lot of people love Spoodles, but I think this will offer some really amazing flavours! Plus Cat Cora iz da bomb! Even Oprah has had her on her show, she's just *that* cool :D :D

19. princess_shayna

If you make it on Oprah... you've just made it in the world!!! Cat Cora is awesome! Plus she has a sweet name and makes great food! Can't wait!!

20. jackattack

jackattack New Member

When is Spoodles going to be replaced?? I've never eaten there either and I'm wondering if I can squeeze it into my family vacay before its turned over.