Money!!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by FairyPrincess, Feb 1, 2012.

1. FairyPrincess

FairyPrincess New Member

Hey guys!

I was wondering how much money I will need to plan for the whole experience... I mean once I am over there. (not counting the flight or the program fee etc)

Is it possible to live from the money you earn there? (Merchandise?)
    -->Can I pay rent+ food and all from it?

If yes, is there any mones left at the end of the month? How about money for trips and all?

Thanks for any responses!! :)

2. Smunk

Smunk New Member

I would like to know this too! Can anyone help pleeeeease? =)

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

When I did the CRP (F&B but I was perm assigner, so non tipped position!) I took about $500 with me to cover me until I had a paycheck (though I did take this much so I could buy a Universal annual pass!)

Rent will be taken out of your paycheck every week so you don't need to worry about saving for that. I did the J1A program in 2006 and earnt a lot less than people in Merch on the CRP do, and I still manage to save and have a good time even though I was paying two sets of uni fees. So long as you are careful with your money you'll be fine. If you go out every night, maybe not so much! Take advantage of free entry into parks, show your Disney ID EVERYWHERE! You never know when they might offer you something. Think about what you want to achieve on your program and save for those things. I knew I wanted to do a cruise and go to Disneyland so they were my priorities.

Hope this helps!

4. 19giorgio87

19giorgio87 New Member

So your final position will be decided in Orlando? I mean, I applied for F&B..I want to work as a waiter (because I'm actually working as a waiter so I think this position suits me), on which basis will be decided my occupation at WDW? There will be a further interview?

5. DisneyGibbs

If you're in F&B you will work up to being a server...so you'll start on podium and the chip shop, then if you want you can be assignor trained and beer cart trained. Then you will have to learn the menu and take tests and stuff. If you pass you'll be made a food runner during which time you'll learn more about being a server. If you pass everything you then get to become a server. I was offered the Permanent Assigner position in my face to face interview (my recruiter had interviewed me 3 times before so it wasn't really an interview, just a catch up) and they were needing a guinea pig for this new position (generally there won't be an assignor who does just that for their entire program).

6. 19giorgio87

19giorgio87 New Member

Oh, I see..thank you. And..will it take a long time in order to become a server? I mean, I know that your behaviour on the workplace as well as being punctual etc etc are important factors by which your manager decides to assign you to a new (better) position, is that right?
    The fact is simple, I'm not a newbie and I'd like to get to tipped positions as soon as possible. I'll just make notice to the interviewers when I'll be in Rome at the interview.

7. DisneyGibbs

It could take a couple of months....just work hard and start learning your menu as soon as possible...just know that if there are other people waiting to go into service before you, they will train them first. I do know of people who have gotten there very quick though.

8. 19giorgio87

19giorgio87 New Member

thank you for being so kind. I'll do my best ;)