Montreal!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Soda106, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

Heya guys,

So far I know Jorden, and myself will be attending the March 3rd interviews in Montreal! Anyone else going?! ;D

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah who else are we gonna meet?

3. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

haha that would be weird if there were only two people.

4. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Well I e-mailed that question to Nicola a week or so ago and she told me there'd be 20+ people there...

Maybe they're all French Canadians and don't speak fluent English... that'd improve our odds eh? lol

5. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

haha lets hope! ;)

Anywho, Looking forward to meeting you and anyone else that may be going!

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yup me too! It's almost coming up too fast... 18 more days... thats a scary thought lol. I don't even know if my hotels booked yet lol (my moms actually worrying about that so I can concentrate on my school).

7. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

hahahal, you guys are cute.
    I hope you're able to find more people that are going to be there.
    If not, talk to the people that are there while waiting for the interview to start, it shows you're outgoing and friendly.

Tessa and I actually made fun of everyone, but no one could tell.
    We're stealth like that.

8. BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. coffeehype

coffeehype New Member

Hey, I'm Jay and I'll be at the interviews in Montréal as well. Does anyone else actually live in Montréal? By the way, I DO speak fluent english (as well as French), and hopefully that'll increase my odds! haha But seriously, I'm sure its more about how energetic and personable you are. Goodluck to all!

10. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

You're Jay? But I'm Jay...(though spelled Jei)! That's gonna get confusing.

I hope that being bilingual does increase your chances. I only know a tiny bit of Japanese and I got in so, you definatly gotta get in!

Anyway, it was nice to meet you Jay, good luck to all.

-Jei

11. John

John New Member

Hey everyone, it looks like I will be there as well. My name is John (18), and I will be coming from Victoria. (speaking no French :D)

I had my phone interview today, and found out that Toronto was completely booked; whereas Montreal supposedly has room for like 20-30 more people.

Where will all of you be staying? There are a few hotels right near the college.... I still need to book my airfare and a hotel.... ;D :-[ ???

We should meet up the night before.....

12. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

Heyy neighbour!! haha. Im from good old Tsawwassen.

Flying out on the 2nd with Air Canada...The hotel im staying at is only 2 blocks away! Cant wait to meet you!

13. John

John New Member

Haha hi neighbour! only a boat ride away ;D

Did you get a good deal on AC? The best I can seem to find is $633 roundtrip from Victoria, but if i can save more, i would be willing to fly from YVR. Which hotel will you be staying at?

14. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

Ahhh. Didnt get much of a deal. About 560 round trip, buts its a direct flight, so its all good! I kinda wanted to go West Jet because now they have the personal TV's you can watch haha, but they were a bit more expensive. As for hotels, I will be staying at La Presidence Hotel... Only a hop skip and a jump away from the college ;D

15. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Hey Soda thanks for mentioning your hotel. I'm pretty sure mines not booked yet (was gonna happen this week) so I'm gonna pass the name on. We might all end up in the same place which would be cool.

I just found out, I didn't have a hotel yet (mom was going to AMA tomorrow) so she's writing down the hotels name and I just may be there!

Also my flight gets into Vancouver at 18:40 (6:40) what times you guys gettin in?

16. John

John New Member

Hey that sounds great! I assume you mean you arrive in Montreal at 1840.

I just booked my flight and will be arriving at 1854!

Now all I need to do is book my hotel.... ;D

17. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Wow nice, what Airline are you flying, I'm Air Canada (direct from Edmonton).

If you're going to the same hotel as me, we might be able to split tansit (I'll be traveling with my mom, so if you've got family we might not be able to split lol).

18. John

John New Member

Thats a great idea. Im flying AC as well, and will be traveling solo. That would be great if you wanted to share a cab or van or something. :) Great idea!

I will try and book at the La Présidence tonight.

19. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

Aw, that would be great if we were at the same hotel! We could meet up at the hotel and get psyched for the interviews ;D

Im going to be arriving at 16:29 with Air Canada. I think its about a 20 minute cab ride to the hotel from the Airport..

Gah, so excited.

20. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah my mom should be booking a hotel tomorrow so I should know for sure where I am. And yeah if we end up at the same place I don't mind sharing, it'll help costs quite a bit. Also since we're both flying AC our gates should be close together, or at least the baggage claims should be.

And Yeah we should be able to meet that night, espeically if me and John are at the same hotel and are splitting a cab...