Montreal!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Soda106, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I know what you mean... I'm having trouble focusing on my university work lol.

2. geeez you guys are lucky! I had my interview (back in November) at 4:30pm and I wan't even the last one to go! :eek:
    The presentation was over at 10:45 so it was a loooooong day.

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I think our presnetation ended about 11:15 because I only had about an hour to wait

4. jessyca333

jessyca333 New Member

Ya, and then the IC program's ended at 12:15. There were some people who had them all the way down til 4 something....that must've sucked...... I woulda had to run down to the meter about 2 more times! bleck.

5. Me and Snow.White went shopping downtown and had lunch at the Four Seasons Hotel during out break between presentation and interview. oh - and we got our make up done.
    It was the perfect relaxing thing to do during that wait.

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I was hungry but didn't want to have soup (imagine if I spilled) so I had doritos and a coke zero while waiting for mine... everyone else got to go back to the hotel and wait for theirs (although the nice group of people waited until I was done which was great).

7. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

Mann we were so excited for you! ;D
    Everytime we saw an elevator door open, we were like "Ohh :O "

We were starting to wonder where you went, haha.

8. Were you the very first?

9. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I was the first of the WDWIP group by a few hours... Mine was a little longer than normal so I think there were getting a little anxious downstairs (I was gone for about 40 min total I think).

10. jessyca333

jessyca333 New Member

I guess sometimes the two people interviews would take longer..... I think I overheard that you said you asked quite a few questions also.

Before Jeff even started interviewing me I had tons of questions about the jobs so that I could fix up my choice priorities! :D hee hee

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

oh yeah good planning. I knew what I wanted ahead of time so I wasn't worried about that.

But yeah I had a page of questions (I left space for answers but it was a pretty full page), but most of them were answered in the presentation so I didn't ask all, but yeah I think we went over as it was and then I had my questions so that made us go even longer.

12. jessyca333

jessyca333 New Member

Ya, when Nicola phoned me, she told me that Entertainment was new to the CP this year. So I had to make sure that Face Characters were NOT an option, because if they were that was what I was going for.....

13. oooooh thats cool! so what is the entertainment role?

14. jessyca333

jessyca333 New Member

The entertainment role is characters, but mickey, goofy, donald....the completely enclosed ones. Now, for my parents business, i have actually been in one of those costumes.... A hugggge monkey in a safari outfit...... really cute, but DARN is it HOT in there, and im talking being inside in air conditioned mall, never mind 95 degree heat..... :eek: I wish I had a pic of him, his name is Kooka, he is made in very disneyish fashion, sorta like King Louis from the Jungle book, only ours doesn't have the plastic face, its alllll felt....and you see out of his mouth.

I was just about to post asking Jorden, and since your here Tessa, how many times have you guys been to Disney world? and if any of you have been to disneyland in california, or tokyo, or paris. OOOH, and the cruise???

Does anyone collect disney pins? :-[ I'm shameful for those, that's where my money disappears to when I vacation. ;D

15. so cool!!! I wanna be a character!!!
    I've been to Disneyland 10 times but thats it. Never been to WDW or on DCL...I can't wait!

I'm only a tiny pin collector but I'm going to get really into it during the year, right now I just have one lanyard nad 10-15 pins

16. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I'd personally love to be a character, I don't care how hot it is lol!

My tally is about like this

Disneyland - 6 (might be 5 I'm having trouble remembering for sure)
    Disneyworld - 1
    Disneyland Paris - 1
    Tokyo Disney - 1

I haven't hit Hong Kong disney or a DCL yet.

Oh and I don't have a pin collection yet. I wanted to last time I went to Anaheim but couldn't afford it.

17. The costumed characters work really good hours though, 20 mins onstage, 40 mins off stage. So even if it's hot enough to get heat stroke, you're only out there for 20 mins, which is really good.

I'd love to do that one day...but I wonder what the height guidelines are

18. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

mickey cast members are 5 feet two inches if i remember correctly

19. jessyca333

jessyca333 New Member

OHHHH fun!!!! Ya pin collecting, is ADDDDDICTIVE, its awful.... I've even had people scout out for pins on their vacations and bring them back to me..... I got my boyfriend in on it on his first trip down there with me. lol now that's where his money goes too... lol

You'll love Disney World Tessa!!!! It's sooooo big compared to Disneyland, and the castle is HUGE if you're used to the Disneyland one.

For me, I saw the Cinderella's Castle first, and when I went to Disneyland me and my brothers were like "where is it?.....oh it's so smaaalll" . But it truly is beautiful.

Oh so neat Jorden!!! I've never been to paris or Tokyo, I want to go, and I really want to see Hong Kong!

I've only been to Disneyland once..... I guess since you guys are out west, it's easier to get down there, for me being in Quebec, Florida is right below me..... so I've been there the most....about 19 I'd say.... and the Cruise twice, but only on the Magic, thats gorgeous.....

20. jessyca333

jessyca333 New Member

I looked it up since I had wanted to be one.....for me there was only one choice left.... I'm 5'10", the only ones that are that tall are the Princess face characters....

And for the enclosed ones, it really depends on who you are, I think Tigger and Goofy are close to 6'

But I think they do go down to about 5' something.