Movie Quote Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Janey, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Janey

Janey New Member

Okay, this has been going on in Facebook for a while now and I thought it'd work here quite nicely as well. So, the idea is very simple. You submit a quote (imdb.com is a good place to find them :)) and people try to guess from which movie it is. The person getting it correct submits the next one. Makes sense? Oh, one important rule: NO GOOGLING ALLOWED! And let's stay in English quotes so everyone can play, ok? :) Also, if a quote get soooo hard no one seems to get it right, the submitter can give clues.

Here we go:
    †I'm like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.â€

2. Janey

Janey New Member

Okay, is my quote just a difficult one or does no one have interest in this topic? :)

3. mpark90

mpark90 Member

hmmm

im thinking Brakfast at tiffanys? lol

"A lie keeps growing and growing until it's as clear as the nose on your face."

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i guess pinocchio? that seems pretty fitting

if so, "what makes you think we're getting diplomas?" (haha best trailer in ages just for the cheese)

5. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

ok shot in the dark but i'm feelin.... High School Musical 3???

"Roads?! Where we're going we don't need... roads." (CLASSIC!)

(p.s. Janey I love this thread I just had no clue where the first quote was from... Breakfast at Tiffany's is a great guess tho! Was that right??)

6. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Back to the FUTURE!!!!!!

Ah, such a fab movie!

"I love lamp."
    "Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?"
    "I love lamp! I love lamp!"

7. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

anchorman!

"I'm freezing my royal Rastafarian nay-nays off!"

8. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Oh Oh - Cool runnings?

"Are you kidding, baby? I put the ‘grrrr’ in swinger, baby! Yeah"

9. sarah_1254

sarah_1254 New Member

Austin Powers!

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

10. Janey

Janey New Member

Thanks Shayna! :) Breakfast at Tiffany's was indeed correct. One of my all time favourites as is Sarah's quote from Gone with the Wind above! ♥♥♥♥♥

“She's wrong. I can't go back. What would it prove anyway? You can't change the past. You said you'd always be there for me. But you're not. It's because of me. It's my fault.â€

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

The Lion King!

A: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.
    B: When will you be back?
    A: I can't tell you that. It's classified.

Hehe!
    xx

12. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Oh gosh, I know this one from the number of times my dad has had it on! :D

Airplane!!

"Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got?"

13. sarah_1254

sarah_1254 New Member

The Wizard of Oz! I love that film :)

"You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips together and blow,"

14. Janey

Janey New Member

Mary Poppins? If not, clues please! :)

15. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

I was thinking pinochio, jimney cricket?

16. sarah_1254

sarah_1254 New Member

not any of the above films no but good guesses! erm clues.... well it is a disney film, with whistling think of a film where this happens as a song during work....

17. Janey

Janey New Member

Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs! Am I right or right?! :D

18. Karritada

Karritada New Member

"gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat, tell you all about it when i got the time"

19. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Aladdin! LOVE IT!

'This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good. '

20. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Lilo and Stitch ;D

A: Jesus Christ!
    B: Jesus Christ? Stop me if you heard this one: Jesus Christ walks into a hotel.
    [Character B gets shot by A]
    B: Ow! He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks...
    [A shoots B once again ]
    A: Don't you ever f*ckin' die?
    B: Can you put me up for the night?

There are too many quotes from this movie I wanted to put... but I like that Jesus joke so I had to go with it.