Need help with the DS-160?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneydj, Mar 12, 2010.

1. disneydj

disneydj New Member

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

NOTE: You have indicated that you will be studying in some capacity while in the United States. List at least two contacts in your country of residence who can verify the information that you have provided on this application. Do not list immediate family members or other relatives. Postal office box numbers are unacceptable.

i haven't indicated that!! FFS wheres the question that sez are u planning on working whilst ur in the us? cos its asking me for evidence im studying over there and all ive sed is the J1 student/exchange visa. =[

3. Sofi

Sofi Guest

finally all sorted thank god. and that video is such a joke lol x

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

HAHAHAHAHA That video is hilarious.

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Ouch, that is one cheesy video!

I liked the forms from last year! Am I the only one?
    xx

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Nope, agreed here too.

7. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

do we have a national identification number in the UK?

8. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

NOTE: You have indicated that you will be studying in some capacity while in the United States. List at least two contacts in your country of residence who can verify the information that you have provided on this application. Do not list immediate family members or other relatives. Postal office box numbers are unacceptable.

Is this meant to appear?
    See for Passport issuance - city what do we put?
    For Contact in USA - Jill Jacobsen - is she our employer?

HELP HELP HELP! lol

Thanks!

9. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

yeah jill jacobsen is the contact/employer and the address is on the yummy jobs instructions.

and yeah thats what should come up, i just chose 2 family friends for the reference thingio

also yummy jobs just told me to put UK for the city as newly issued passports dont have a specific place of issue anymore :)

10. Sofi

Sofi Guest

any1 understand why we all got emails about schools after the age of 11? cos i already filled out the form and my appointments next week so now i think i filled the form out too soon x

11. StevenC

StevenC New Member

I've officially given up trying to fill this form in.

I've tried 3 times and have been unable to complete it. THE hardest form I've ever had to fill in.

I've sent it all to my dad n hes gonna do it for me hopefully... stress off my shoulders!

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

As in.. you dont understand it or the form isnt working?

13. Sofi

Sofi Guest

mine crashed but i saved after every page then loaded it up, it actually didn't take me that long at all. Is that the problem every1s having or is it much worse? x

14. Frou-Frou90

Frou-Frou90 New Member

I thought I had finished this buggar ok and everything was sorted, but now judging on people's comments on facebook I could now cry as I'm so scared I've done it wrong.

1) I never got asked anything about education, just where I was studying now.
    2) My address over there; I put The Gables and that, according to someone else, that's wrong.
    3) I haven't had an email so am tres confused.

now I just generally hate it :(

15. Sofi

Sofi Guest

1) apparently some get asked some don't so it doesn't matter,
    2) i'm not sure about that
    and 3) i dont think u get an email u just need to print over the visa box with ur photo in

:) x

16. emmaharries

emmaharries New Member

heya i put the gables as my contact in america aswel an its that jessica women now isnt it? anyway we can change it online? xx

17. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I reckon you guys should email yummy jobs if you think you have done it wrong...

18. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

See if we are employed now - were do we put that in the form!
    And....
    Are we intending to study in the US?

19. catfish278

catfish278 Member

no we are not intending to study in the US. And I was annoyed about the employment bit as well so I just put my current job as "finishing" now even though it doesnt.

20. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Thankgoodness ur on! I was freaking out. Your see it says in mine state salary - then on the next page previous jobs? But i havent had any prev jobs apart from the one i have at the mo. And im keepin it on their just givin me the summer off?

Thanks for ur help
    ur a life saver!

Rob x