NEED HELP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by disney_dude, Aug 18, 2011.

1. disney_dude

disney_dude New Member

Hi all

I'm going to Disney World in March 2012 (9th - 23rd). I've been many times before but never in March so have no idea how busy it might be. I've looked on several websites, but I've seen and heard that it's really busy, average and quiet (no clear answer). I personally think it'll be busy because although schools in The UK are in, I know Spring Break is around that time, but then again I know the beaches tend to be popular in Spring Break.

Has anyone been in the time of year I'm going? If so, how busy was it?

Thanks

2. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Ok I havent worked in Disney. However I do work in Butlins. I wouldnt worry to much. You should WANT to start of when its busy you pick things up quicker and it makes the settling in easier as well just because your mind is constantly busy. people will help you if you need it so dont worry. you will always get days where your busier than normal or quiter than normal its why its hard to define when you are and are not going to be busy. as a rule if schools out, its considered peak season, like peak season is almost at the end for the uk because schools slowly coming back. But dont worry if its busy then you'll go into the business when its generally at its best and you pick up good habits. if its quiet then it will be more lay back and people will talk things through with you in more detail. Least thats how it works in Butlins

3. Missish

Missish New Member

Are you going on holiday? I'm guessing so, judging from the dates.

In which case, it will almost certainly be Spring Break. American schools don't all have SB at the same time - it can fall any time from the beginning of March until mid April. So, yes, it will probably be SB while you're there, which means it will be super busy. WDW is very popular for SB with everyone - families, high schoolers and college students.

I've been there during SB a couple of times, and all I can say is - get there for rope drop, do everything you want, then get out around 2-3pm! That's how we've always done it and it works; we've never felt overwhelmed by the crowds (except one time in Animal Kingdom, which was ridiculous) because we always plan in advance.
    It's a good thing in a way, because it means longer park hours (MK is often open as late as 1am!), and more showings of nighttime shows, which makes it easier to get everything done.

Hope that helped! Have fun :)

4. disney_dude

disney_dude New Member

Thanks Missish

It is a holiday. I'm going this September too and from previous experience it's really quiet then. Like almost walking on rides (apart from Labour Day which is busy, but not unbarable). I always have a plan when I go, particularly in MK. I personally always do the Fantasyland rides first because no matter how busy the park is, the rides there (Peter Pan, Small world etc) always get up to 2 hour lines where as Space Mountain for example stays at no longer than 30-40 mins. From there I do the Frontierland area (starting with Haunted Mansion, then going to Splash Mountain etc) then Adventureland and finally Tomorrowland. If I use a similar plan in March, fingers crossed I'll be okay. I have systems for the other parks as well which tend to always work so crowds are avoided. Shouldn't have a problem in September but let's hope it works in March.

Thanks again ;D

5. Missish

Missish New Member

Yep, if you know what you're doing, you'll be fine! Have fun :D

And yep, September is so lovely and quiet. I've only been then once, and wish I could go at that time of year again!

6. xxzazzzxx

xxzazzzxx New Member

Went there on those dates....There's soooo much people ! :p Spring break is a time of the year where there's almost as much people as Christmas !

7. roccodwayne

roccodwayne New Member

Hi,,
    when you have planned for a vacation than no need to worry about crowd or anything else just enjoy your vacations.

8. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Speaking earlier of crowds being unbearable, does anyone have bad crowd stories? Like one time I saw two women in ECVs honking their horns exiting MK and everyone was laughing at them behind their backs. It was so funny because they were sooo mad at the crowds. Another time we went to MK one Saturday night and main street was so congested that they had to open plan B and we all filed out through the back of main street east. That night was scary as we couldn't really move until they opened it.

9. Hamburger

Hamburger New Member

We just returned from Christmas Holiday and what can I say... We never made it into a park, because they were all closed by midday because of the crowds. Even if we had gone in early, we didn't feel like sharing the parks with so many others, I can't even think about how long we would have had to wait in line for rides :p

Never again at that time of the year!