New Band Aid song

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DisneyMichelle, Nov 16, 2004.

1. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey,

I heard the new Band Aid song today and it was quite weird hearing such a massively well-known song sung by the singers of our generation!!!

Was good though - hearing people like Dido, Robbie Williams and Will Young singing it!! was a bit strange having Dizzee Rascal rap on it but I guess thats a good way of bringing it totally up to date!

What do you guys think of it?

Michelle xx

2. Tinks

Tinks New Member

I thought it was rubbish!!

Nowhere near as good as the original! they should of learnt from the second time they tried to re-do it to leave the song alone, I think it would have been good if they still got all the bands together for the same idea but with a new song.

Sorry for the rant :(

Kerry

3. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

I agree Kerry, I don't like it either. Like you said, they should have done a new song. But it's for charity so i hope it still does well :)

4. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

Hey,

I thought it was rubbish to begin with.. but got a bit better as it went on.. the Dizzee Rascal bit was good - but it seemed to be the only part that they had attempted to put some creativity into updating!

Beth x

p.s. Had my phone interveiw today. I felt it went well but guess u never know :-\ .. keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone 4 the words of advice :)

5. Rudy

Rudy New Member

i think that everyone should have clubbed together to pay them not to remake it!
    how can they compare girls aloud and will young to david bowie and u2 utter crap!

;D

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i havn't heard it yet, but everything i'v heard about it makes it sound like its bad

8)

7. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I haven't heard it yet, but I think its a good idea, though they should have done another song instead :-\.
    Charlotte x

8. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

I thought it was great! Everyone who was watching british tv at 5.55 on thursday was practicully forced to watch it, as it was shown on all non digital channels and some of the digatal ones as well. But it was better then i expected. :D i loved the way they mixed some of the voices... Will Young and who was it...Jamelia? It sounded great.

Sarah  :D

9. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Yeah, Will Young was with jamelia!

Youre right about mot really having a choice on thursday whether or not you wanted to watch the video!!! It really was on every terrestrial channel and a lot of the big digital ones!!! Think theyre overdoing it slightly at the moment - the song is always on the radio and the video is always on all the music channels! Theres no escaping from it!!

Rudy - girls aloud aren't even on the record. Theres not actually that many 'pop' singers on it. And those who are - Rachel Stevend, Busted etc - dont get any of their 'own' lines - they just blend into the big group chorus. Its people like Coldplay, Darkness,Travis, Keane, Bono etc - more 'credible' acts - who get all the solo stuff which might not be the best idea. The people who tend to buy singles these days arent NME readers but young Smash HIts reading teenage girls and theyd probably be happier if girls aloud WERE on the record and if their favourites had their own lines. Although I can see that Bob Geldof was trying to get people involved who might have musical longevity but it might not be the best way to boost sales of the song.

Just my opinion - hopefully the record will do really well though - its for a great cause after all :D

Michelle xx