New DCL staff for 2011

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Blondie85, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Hi guys!!

I'm on the hunt for any other Youth activities counselors who have been hired to start in Jan or Feb next year!! I was interviewed 2 weeks ago, and dont have my ship or start date yet, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one starting in the new year!!

let me know if you're heading out to start in 2011!!

:)

2. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I have loads of friends who are starting in the new year, so i wouldn't worry! They're not on here, but you wont be the only one.

3. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Awesome! :) get them on this forum!! :) would be great to chat to people before we all go! are you DCL staff? or WDW?

4. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Haha.. i will do my best :p
    I'm not DCL. I did the CRP about 10 months ago.. or completed it rather.. i'm re-applying for CRP hoping to get back down this summer.. and then after a completed and extended program there i hope to go straight to the cruise. I'm too young right now. ::)

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Hey Blondie!
    I'm from Ontario, I'm Youth Activities for the new year as well! No ship or start date yet, still waiting for those. I hope I hear a date before Christmas! I was told I could be leaving anytime in Jan/Feb/March, but obviously I'm hoping for January!

6. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Hey Tink!!

yay!!! im so happy im not the only one!!! :) Im from Suffolk (just outside london) in the UK! Im hoping i get a start date soon too! im so excited and i cant wait to start counting down!! I have my visa appointment just after christmas, so i dont know if i have to wait for after that to get given a start date?? Do you have a visa already? actually do you need one? is it the same as the uk one? Im really hoping for january too, or at least right at the start of febuary if it has to be after january!!

Have you worked on ships before?? its all new to me! but i think youth activities sounds soooooo much fun!!!

If you wana add me on FB, my profile link is on my forum profile!

Lorna

Let me know as soon as you get a ship or start date!!! :)

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I found you on Facebook =) I'm Angelica, in case you check here before accepting!

The visa process is a bit different I think. I don't believe I have to go to an embassy or anything. I didn't for my ICP anyways. I've never worked on a cruise line, much less been on a cruise ship! So I'm pretty excited, eagerly anticipating a start date!

8. kkahl

kkahl New Member

Hey!!! I know i'm a bit late in the discussion but I got your e-mail about the discussion board and just checked it out. I was told Jan. Feb. or March as well, and I'm also was hired for the youth activities counselor position. I'm from Pennsylvania, USA and teach 5th and 6th grade. Do you think we will end up on the same ship?
    -Kevin

9. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Hi Kevin! :)

Yay! its so exciting that theres a few of us now!! Where in PA are you from? ive worked there for the last 4 summers at a summer camp!! Im hoping they will place us all on the same ship, but who knows! would be great if we all started together!! let us know if you get a start date or a ship!!! :)

Lorna

10. kkahl

kkahl New Member

I'm from just outside of Reading, PA northeast of philly. Where are you from?

11. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Hi!I hope we all get the same ship, and I hope we all get the new ship! A water-coaster ON SHIP, how cool would that be? I am so impatient, I really cannot stand waiting. I wanted to know for Christmas, and I'm waiting to register for classes for the next semester, so I want to know ASAP! There are things to buy (super expensive Teva sandals!) and shorts to try and find in the summertime! I figure that at least we know we're going, we just don't know when, so it's not too too bad.

Was everyone's holidays good?

12. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Kevin, im from the UK, Ive never been to Reading, but Philly is cool! you live about 3 hours from where i worked, i was closer to scranton, quite a bit further north than you! :)

I would love to try the watercoaster!!! i LOVE water parks!! im such a big kid! i swear this job is guna suit me down to the ground!!!

I had a great Christmas!! I was a bit sad it didnt snow on christmas day though!! :(

Anyone heard any more news about start dates or ships?

13. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Hey everyone! I emailed Eric today asking what the situation was, because I'm currently registered in classes. If we're not leaving before the end of March, I'll stay in my classes, but if we are leaving before the end of March, I'll miss exams, so will have to drop them. I explained this and he said he's pretty sure we're leaving before April, but don't hold him to it, and he should have more updates for us soon!

14. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

hey!

I emailed Caroline from the agency that hired me yesterday, and asked if she had any idea when they would be hoping for me to start as i need to plan work!! She just said that she couldnt say right now, but she would let me know when they had a date!! they are soooo vague about it all!! I really hope its going to be before the end of march otherwise i might have to think seriously about getting a different job! I really really want this job but i cant wait forever!!

Fingers crossed we all get updated soon!!
    Im quite jealous of all the people that have been at traditions today! :(

Oh well! if we stay positive im sure it wont be long!!!

:D

15. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

Hey guys.....

Sorry for randomly cutting into the convo. dont worry about them getting in touch with you.... they will eventually but make sure you send a random email back to them once in a while. i got frustrated after 5 months of waiting then suddenly a week after they asked if i wanted to start in a months time.... luckily i was able to leave work and etc in good terms.... it was a crayzeeeeee month especially whilst organising my sisters wedding let alone pack for the ship and etc.... luckily it was in Dover when i embarked on the Magic.

Blondie.... Caroline and Marc will get back to you eventually... i nagged them but unfortunately they cant do anything until they hear from Disney..... it sucks!

I'm jealous you guys are in YA... every ship has such a great team. which ever one you guys get on... you'll have such a great time.

when you get on one of them.... dont hesitate to meet everyone.... GO TO THE CREW BAR..... it will keep you sane from all the Disney-fying lol. and go to the themed nights.... we have a Crew Activities Manager that organise great parties.

if you guys have any questions let me know. my FB is on my profile... check out the mad pictures on my profile lol

xox

16. a.m.b.e.r_c

a.m.b.e.r_c New Member

i just tried to send Eric an e-mail and i got an automated response saying he is off sailing on the Disney Dream until the 17th. how depressing.
    i have absolutely no patience for sitting around and waiting for a date. :(

17. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Yep, the Dream sails on its first voyage on the 26th, so all kinds of special cast, the hiring companies, CEOs, etc., get to sail for the week beforehand. They're the unlucky ones if the ship sinks!
    The only thing that's bothering me is knowing whether to register for courses or look for a job or what have you!

18. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Hi all!

Tino_Bambino thanks for the reply!! Im soooo impatient waiting to hear! but i know it will be worth it in the end!! :)

a.m.b.e.r_c which department are you going to be working in? where are you from etc! lol!

I got my visa a couple of days ago! sooooo happy!! I was in london for the visa interview and just had to go have a look round the massive Disney store while i was there!! made me soooooo excited!!!!

Anyone heard anything yet?

:) :) :)

19. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

At least the UK people have visa interviews! Us Canadians don't, not so far as I know, so we're just in limbo!

20. a.m.b.e.r_c

a.m.b.e.r_c New Member

Hey,

Ill be working in youth activities :)
    Im from Canada...Toronto to be exact
    I am also terribly impatient and hate this feeling of sitting in limbo just waiting
    Ive been reading this blog of a girl who is working on the Dream right now...its been really helpful because its answer a bunch of those little questions i had going into this (laundry, food, etc)...but its also bad because its made me even more excited to go!!!!
    hope we all get dates soon!