New DCL staff for 2011

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Blondie85, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Ooooh!!! how exciting!! Im so glad forums like this exist!! its awesome being able to chat to people in the same boat (no pun intended) as me! lol!

Whos blog are you reading? could you post a link to it on here? :)

Im the same, everything i read just makes me more excited!!! ;D

2. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Pleaseeee, post a link! Also, hi! I'm from Windsor =)

3. a.m.b.e.r_c

a.m.b.e.r_c New Member

i feel kind of weird posting someones blog that i dont even know...but a blog is written to be read, right?

http://ariels-dream.blogspot.com/

let me know what you think

4. xoxoKristina

xoxoKristina New Member

Hey everyone!
    I'm Kristina and I'm going to be a YAC on board the Disney Dream starting beginning of March! I leave for Traditions on the 2nd and board the Dream on the 6th! Anyone else going around that time? This is so exciting!

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Kristina, most of us here are insanely jealous! We're waiting for departure dates. When did you get yours?

6. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Hi Kristina!!

I completely second what tinkithink said!!! :) also where are you from? I know one girl flying from the UK on the 23rd feb to join the dream, but shes not YA!

Hopefully seeing as we now know that theres a traditions end of feb, and start of march some of us will get dates to join then!

a.m.b.e.r_c thanks for posting that! yeah i know what you mean, but blogs arent private, so im sure she wont mind!! once we get our ships maybe we can meet the person who writes it and say thanks! :) will have a read now and let you know what i think!! :)

7. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

OK.. i read the whole blog!! its fabulous!! LOVE it!! toooooo excited!!! ;D ;D ;D

8. xoxoKristina

xoxoKristina New Member

Hey guys!
    It's actually been a super long process...I first interviewed mid September and got the job offer beginning October... I did all my medical and criminal background check that same week and after many anxious emails I was only told in December when I was leaving! Long, but it will all be worth it in the end! When did you guys interview? In the email I got there was a few people leaving on different days... the 26th of february, march 2nd and march 9th... So I'm guessing they have quite a few Traditions trainings coming up! Hopefully you all hear some news very soon!
    Kristina
    P.S-Blondie85...I'm from Montreal, Canada!

9. a.m.b.e.r_c

a.m.b.e.r_c New Member

ahhh i am actually so jealous!
    i think i might go crazy if i have to wait much longer!!!!

question: has anyone bought teva sandals yet? did you order them from the company? or are you waiting til youre actually on the ship to get them?

10. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Im jealous too!!! sucks they keep everyone waiting so long!! I was only interviewed on the 2nd december, but i was told i needed to be able to start in january, so i was hoping i might have heard already! im honestly going crazy waiting! :(

Also... everyones from canada!!! im going to be all on my own flying from the uk!! :eek:

teva sandals... i havent got any yet, i cant get them in the UK, well, not the black ones we need. ive looked on Amazon.com because they will ship them to me in the uk, but theyre really expensive, like $70!! also the only black ones ive found also have purple on them! is that ok? or has anyone found plain black ones? or a cheaper alternative?

I wasnt sure about buying them on the ship, i dont know how long it would take to get them, are they ordered? or do they actually have them on the ship? its easy enough to get flat black pumps, and white trainers (sneakers) before i go, the sandals are the only tricky bit!!

:)

11. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I applied October 31st, interviewed November 7th on the phone, was offered the job, did my medical on November 28th or so, and have been waiting since. And I was told I needed to be able to leave December 15th!

I probably won't get the Teva sandals until I get to Florida, just to make it easy.

12. a.m.b.e.r_c

a.m.b.e.r_c New Member

hey everyone!

i got my date today!!!! wooohooo!!!
    im leaving february 23rd and joining the disney magic on february 26th!!!
    im SO excited! hope you all hear good news soon too!!!!

and since i havent bought any Teva sandals yet...ill be waiting until im in florida as well!

13. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

omg!! thats so exciting!! ;D

im really really jealous but yay for you!! ;D ;D

If you send me a PM with your email address (or add me on fb- links on my profile on here), i know a girl from the UK whos also leaving then, so you guys will be in traditions together, and i can pass it on to her if you wana chat before you get there!

I really hope we hear soon, im starting to lose faith a bit!!

14. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

OMG. Now I'm going to check my email every two seconds. Eeeeee. I want to know so badly!!!

15. a.m.b.e.r_c

a.m.b.e.r_c New Member

no, dont lose hope, itll happen!
    post when you find out! :)

16. JLRENN

JLRENN New Member

Well now! I'm pretty sure I've messaged each of you on Facebook already.. but I'm suprised that more people have not heard about this discussion board! ???

I can't wait until we all get our emails and can celebrate on here, or Facebook, or on the ocean together!!! <3

17. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

OMG!
    March 9th departure, board the ship the 12th.
    DISNEY MAGIC <3

18. xoxoKristina

xoxoKristina New Member

Ahh that's so exciting!!!!!! :D Too bad were not doing Traditions together though!!!!!

19. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

yay everyones joing the Magic.... Bring it onnnnn!

if you kids have questions let moi know!

20. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I creep people like mad on Facebook & forget all about the forums! Add me: Angelica Haggert!