New DCL staff for 2011

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Blondie85, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

So... i can officially count down the days now!! cannot wait to join the Disney Magic!!! sooo exciting!!! I think thats everyone on here with leaving dates now!!! apart from Kevin! who abandoned this forum a while ago it seems!! are you still with us Kevin??? :D

cant wait to be sunbathing in the beautiful caribbean!! ;D

2. kkahl

kkahl New Member

Hey all!!!
    Sorry for disappearing for a bit. I did receive a leave date for Feb. 23 on the Disney Dream leaving on the 21st. However, I had to turn this specific contract down :'( I am an elementary teacher in Reading, PA and in the US the school districts can hold teachers for up to 60 days from when they put in their resignation. I was forced into this decision by not wanting to leave my career in a negative way. After talking to castaway I will be receiving more contracts and will eventually make it onto a ship. Possibly in March. We shall see. I'm super happy for all of you and wish things worked out perfect all the time.
    One request is that we all keep in contact through our endevour with Disney. I'll be on here more often to chat!
    Look forward to hearing from you all soon :)
    Kevin

3. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Hi Kevin!

That sucks you couldnt make the contract, but hopefully you'll get one soon that you can!! Definitely keep us all posted and let us know when youre leaving, you may end up working with some of us!! :D

Im getting very excited now, mainly because its feb tomorrow and that means i can say i leave next month!!! woop!!!

I just have a few more things to buy, lots of socks, some new sweatpants, and some sunglasses!! ;D

4. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

25 days!!!! eeeeekkkk!!!

Any news yet Kevin?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. henright

henright New Member

bumping this thread up Lorna!

Been having my fingers crossed I'd be able to post in this soon haha.

Let's hope all other february interviewers can be posting here too!

I'm Holly, 21 from London, just been hired as a Youth activities counsellor, and I want to go now!!

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I shall post too! Haha.

Hi, I'm Louisa, from Surrey. I'm also going to be a YAC and like Holly I'd like to go right now!!!!!

7. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

YAY Louisa thats awesome!! well done you!! ;D ;D ;D

LOVE how soon you posted that Holly!! lol! ;)

Fingers crossed you both get contracts soon! :D

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Yay! Congrats guys. this next waiting part, for ships and departure dates, is almost worse than the first!

9. T West

T West New Member

So after a weeks wait from the interview in London i've finally got that all important e-mail!

I guess introductions are in order, right?

Names Tom, 21 and i'm from Colchester, Essex. Been offered the position of RECREATION STAFF - on ship or the island, depending what position comes around first.

Can't wait to get my start date! Next week would be nice ;D

10. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Hello people!! Is there anyone out there from the UK flying to Orlando on the 9th March? Im flying from Gatwick and it would be great to have company! :)

11. JJM1432

JJM1432 New Member

Hi my name is Jerilyn! I will be starting as YAC on the Disney Dream April 13th. Im so excited!!!!

12. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Sooooo I leave tomorrow!!! Disney Magic YAC! I'm nearly packed so it's all good, just need to print out some photos!

13. henright

henright New Member

Good Luck Louisa!

I am starting on the Dream on April 20th! Very excited...

Jerilyn add me on facebook! I'll message you xx

14. T West

T West New Member

/so i got my contract through! Flying to Orlando from the UK on the 8th May, starting lifeguard training on 9th May an boarding the Dream on the 15th May to take me to the island where i will stay and work...can't wait to get there