New Graduate/'ICP-Academic' Program

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by tinydancinggirl, Dec 20, 2006.

1. mark

mark Guest

No i've never got around to doing facebook or myspace or anthing like that :-[ But i think i'l have to look into it at some point.

2. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

Mark, bebo is the way forward!!

Facebook is confusing and Myspace is just a haven for weirdos lol

3. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Should I be worried I've been told I won't be interviewed til May? :-\

4. louise

louise New Member

I don't think u should be worried I don't know anyone else leaving in october so i'm guessing that they'll have another interview.

5. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I talked to my University rep today and she said I will find out my classification on June 28 but have no written confirmation until August. I will also miss my graduation ceremony. How Am I to prove to UCF that I have graduated? I wonder if they can just call up my institution?

6. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

I'm cutting it fine with my graduation aswell, mine is on July 13th and we fly out July 15th!! :-[

7. Nina

Nina New Member

Thanks for the congrats guys but i stilll haven't heard for definite yet :-\

Bebo all the way ;D
    Do they defo need proof?
    I'll miss my graduation anyway coz its not till November.

8. mark

mark Guest

I don't think that it matters if you go to your graduation ceremony or not because they don't actually give you your certificate then they just use a dummy certificate and then post the real one a few months later (I think, i skipped mine to go travelling :p). Might be worth sending yummy a quick email to ask what kind of proof UCF will need and explain the situation, i would imagine that since the program starts in July and yummy know that the majority have their graduation in july then it wont be a big deal anyway.

If they do need proof then maybe just ask your uni rep for a letter after the results are issued to prove you graduated, i'm sure they'll be happy to help. :)

Any word yet Nina?

9. Nina

Nina New Member

Yea Im in ;D
    I mailed Alexis again and she said that she knows they are offering me a position but she doesnt know what role as Jason is in charge of that or something, she said he tried to email me but he musta had my address wrong so he'd be in touch..
    Yay so excited!

10. mark

mark Guest

:D :D :D Thats awesome Nina, well done!!! I told you all good things come to those who wait!
    What role did you put as first choice?

11. Nina

Nina New Member

I know but those 5 weeks are a strong contender for worst 5 weeks of my life!!
    I put Operations down first but Im kinda worriedabout that in case I put doing parking or something oh well it doesnt really matter, Im in, Im in, Im in!

12. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Finally you found out Nina. I keep thinking with the roles that they would give us graduates good roles (ie not parking) because we are there to get a qualification in management. I have seen an old syllabus (through Emi) and there seems to be quite a bit of shadowing with management and 1 on 1 work to be completed. I'm so chuffed I got hospitality!!

When is everyone next expecting to hear from Yummy to get the process started. Alexis said to me within the next month but anyone get anything more specific?

^ Hold that. I just got email from Kristen saying she is calling on Thur March 22nd to get the ball rolling.

13. louise

louise New Member

I think that if you needed to have proof that you had graduated then they would have asked that in the interview. Since for the summer ICP you have to have proof that you are still a student and they did say that at the interview.

About getting better roles because we have graduated. I would doubt it because they just seem to allocate people where they are needed.

14. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Sorry it seems really prejudice the way I said it but I didn't mean it to be. I just thought with it being an academic program the roles we are given would be a bit more hands on. I remember talking to Emi about custodials and we couldn't see them giving people who were on a Hospitality Management course custodials, because sweeping up isn't really applicable to the course. Who knows. By the looks of it past assignments are very much orientated around how we would manage given situations and how our managers handle them. It might have changed tho and I didn't see the academic presentation. Kim said it wasn't ready at the time of our interview so we just saw the normal ICP presentation.

15. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I am quite worried, because i know that i could definetly get the job..but my uni have told me that i can only do either vacation planner or hospitality to meet the guidelines of my course..And hospitality seems to be the most popular option..

16. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I managed to get hospitality, my first choice, and I really didn't think I would. I wouldn't worry.

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..i just am thinking there isn't many hospitality roles and its quite a popular job to go for..Will have to wait and see anyway..Only 3 days to go :eek:

Another quick question..does anyone know the date for the program in july..like when it would go? Im on holiday with my mates to ibiza..but thats at the start..so i may be able to go in july..

18. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Our program starts July 15, is that the one you are applying for?

19. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Nope..im going to apply for the august one i think..

What would you do in my situation..I could either go on july 15th (this is saying i get the job) and have my 21st birthday in america..Where 2 of my best mates are guna be..

OR..I could stay at home and have my 21st here and then go on the 19th august..And spend my birthday with all my mates..

20. Emi

Emi New Member

I don't think there is an August entry. Just July and October. Unless I'm misunderstanding you....