New Graduate/'ICP-Academic' Program

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by tinydancinggirl, Dec 20, 2006.

1. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

There must be..my friend goes on August 19th on the same program..Plus Alexis said there was one when she emailed me..if i get stuck though i can go on the july one..But just my mate is going on the august one and Alexis said there was one..

2. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Must be for a slightly different program than this graduate Hospitality Management program, the start dates are April, July and October, I have it in an email.

3. Emi

Emi New Member

I wish there were more dates though! :D

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..its not that one..its the J1 Academic Program..That was above my program when i was looking which one to do.. ;)

I can't believe you lucky people no you've got the job already! Im jealous..

5. Nina

Nina New Member

Hopefully ya won't have to wait as long as us anyway ;D

6. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Kristen just emailed, apparently interviews for October are gonna be in London at the end of May. Woohoo news!! I'm a little worried though because my exams are May 23rd, 24th, 30th, 31st, June 1st and 2nd. Eeeep. :-[

7. louise

louise New Member

Thats great news but yeah not great timing because its a graduate program most people are likely to have their final exams around that sort of time. Hopefully it won't clash.

8. tinydancinggirl

More news actually I emailed about that and Kristen said that at least one of the interview days will be a Saturday, and they will work it so everyone has a chance to get interviewed. So not ideal, but maybe a day out in London will stop me going completely mad :)

9. louise

louise New Member

That seems fair. You'll have to tell us all the gossip from ur interview.

10. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Hi everyone! I can't believe I never thought to check on here about this program! I applied to do this about a month ago- I've also got the email from Kristen about interviews in May! I'm so excited- I did the IP program last year (Sept 05- Sept 06) and had the best time and met some awesome people. But I've had Disney itchy feet since coming home and I'm so excited about the possibility of working there again! May seems a long way away, but April is flying by at the moment which is good! I think I must be in the Oct interview group- I was told July was already full, but I don't really mind- plus we'll be there over Christmas which is sooooooooooo nice! Yay! Lol I'm going to be so gutted if I don't get through- I want this so much!
    Charlotte x

11. louise

louise New Member

Hi Charlotte. Thats great news about the interview. I'm going in october too but i've already had my interview. I'm so excited. I did the ICP last summer and can't wait to go back. It seems that there are a lot of people that have already been to disney are doing the grad program.

12. tinydancinggirl

A month ago? I wish I had ;) I applied in December, I'll have been waiting for nearly 6 months by the time the bloody interviews come around!! I am not a patient person either :)

13. Helix

Helix New Member

After I search I found this topic! WooHoo!

I have an interview arranged for Monday June 9th for the new Graduate Program.

I am so nervous, and reading everyone else's stories on here is making me more nervous... everyone seems to have done something Disney related in the past - and I haven't. I've only ever been to Disney (florida) on holidays (12 times so far), and its making me feel under qualified.

I graduated from University with B.A in Cinema in November 2007 and have been working in my local Woolworths since. I've never really had a proper interview either - I come from a very small quite town - I got the job because of me being me - Don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Can anyone (who has done this program) or who has had their interview... tell me what its like.
    What should I expect?

Thanks for any information, greatly appreciated.

14. VickiG

VickiG New Member

I'm on the graduate program at the min, and it has changed a lot since it was first started. They were still changing stuff when I arrived in April - particularly regarding now having exams at the end of each uni module and different certificates available for different marks etc.

I've had a blog going since I found out I'd got the job and have kept it going whilst i'm over there. Have a read and if you can think of something I havent answered or covered - let me know!!

www.thedisneyadventure.moonfruit.com

xx

15. Vallie

Vallie New Member

hey all! i just wanted to jump in on the thread! i'm from Canada and i applied for the grad program for october 2008! kristen from yummy jobs told me canada will be having phone interviews soon! i'd love to get to know people also applying for october 2008! so add me to msn if anyone would like to chat :)
    valeria_chiappetta@hotmail.com