next year

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by QueensGirl, Jun 21, 2006.

1. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

hi!
    Since I couldn't do the cultural rep. program for next year, I am considering doing the ICP program next summer instead. HOWEVER, I am wondering whether I will get the main gate pass or not. I thought i read somewhere on here that they are giving them out this year because it is the anniversary but that usually the participants in the ICP don't get one. Is this true? I wouldn't want to go if I'm not gonna get to go to the parks all the time! That is half the reason why I want to go!

Please let me know if anyone knows!

2. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Your disney ID gets you into all the parks for free.

A main gate is for you to use to get friend and family into the parks for a limited number of days and it is true that ICP's dont usually get them.

Hope this clears things up
    Mhairi

3. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

thanks! that does clear things up!

do you know if icps ever find ways to get around that? like is there any way to still get family and friends in for free?

4. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

when we got our main gate passes he said it was the first year ICP's were getting them, he didn't say it was the only year. So you might still get one next year.

5. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

one more question,
    what proof do they ask for, for the ICP, to prove that you are going to be a student the following year?

6. Elaine!

Elaine! New Member

Hey

You need to get letters from your university/college stating that you are a student there, what your course is and when you will be returning and this all has to be on headed paper so they do check if you're a student or not.

Hope that helps

Elaine xx

7. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

Are there any Canadians who can confirm that they do this here too? Just wondering!

Lisa

8. madge62

madge62 New Member

Yup, my daughter, Brynna, had to get a letter from her school, confirming that she was in a 4-year program and would be returning in the fall.

9. PopcornPrincess

PopcornPrincess New Member

Not sure on this one, Almost everybody has a main gate when i was there....which was last year.

10. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Mhairi is right. Prior to 2006, ICPs (as opposed to cultural representatives) did not receive a main gate pass. This year, ICPs received a seasonal main gate pass, which is valid for six entries for up to three guests per entry.

11. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

I am a Cultural Rep starting this Dec. and I was told that I will be getting 12 passes for family and friends once I get started!! I was told that at the interview AND also at the presentation!!

Anyone out there like MATT that can confirm this??

12. adjonline

adjonline New Member

I believe that is right for cultural representatives, except those who are working for operating participants (e.g. those in the UK at HRC)

13. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Basically ICP's usually don't get them because they aren't there long enough. You only get them after you have worked for 3 months well at least that was what happened when we were there. After the 3 months you pick up your card.

14. Gem

Gem New Member

I did the college programme June-August 2005 and we got two free passes for one park for our family and a free pass into Disney Quest. We got told we got free passes but after u've worked there for free months apparently you get some more passes i think?

Gem xx

15. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yep you get the MainGate pass after 3 months. The two passes you got were probably the holiday passes they give out at some points in the year (I'd say it was likely these were for July 4th). Basically the MainGate allows you to take yourself and 3 family members in to the park a limited number of times.

16. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

I done ICP this year and we got a blue maingate pass right away. Think it gave up to 3 people park hopper passes, 7 times

17. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Unlike the 2005 ICPs, 2006 ICPs did get blue passes (although no Disney Quest pass like Gem says of the year before). I also know Cultural Reps were being given Main Gates straight away as well, in August - I don't know if they still are. (I believe the 3 month rule was suspended when the Happiest Celebration on Earth started; I don't know if it's been reinstated now that's ended).

The ICP seasonal blue pass is 3 people, 6 times; the full blue pass, which cultural reps get, is 3 people, 12 times.