Non CRP or CP jobs at Disney?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BH, Jun 11, 2011.

1. BH

BH New Member

Does anyone know if you can apply to Disney (not through the international program) for non CRP or CP jobs like working at the resorts full time. I know I would have to get a visa myself and find my own housing. I am not a student and have not been for a long time. I've always wanted to work on the Disney ranch. I talked to staff at the Ranch in Orlando last time I was there, they said I had more than enough experience to do the job and to talk to the IP. Has much as I want to work for Disney, I don't think CRP roles are right for me.

2. lselbyma

lselbyma New Member

That's a really good question! I think you may have to get a green card or something... Not sure how that sort of thing works in the States, but I'm sure it's possible!!

3. Alex88

Alex88 Member

You can only apply for fulltime, parttime or seasonal hourly or salaried positions if you are authorized to work in the US. www.waltdisneyworld.jobs

4. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

I wish it was that easy, I would just move over there and work there forever :(
    But yeah you need a green card, which is one of the trickiest things to come across unless you marry an American or a company sees potential in you that they don't think they can find in their own country. And that's generally just amazing doctors or businessmen of some kind. Orrr if you work for a company that is nice enough to send you to work abroad!
    But yeah, no luck for me in any of those as of yet!
    xx

5. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

^what she said.
    Getting a green card is a long, stressful and expensive procedure. The easiest way is to marry an American, and take it from me, even that is not so easy as it sounds. USCIS (Immigration) makes you fill out tons of forms, pay tons of money and scrutinizes everything about you. If you go the marriage route you need proof of a valid relationship and marriage including pictures, travel documents, living arrangements, certified documents.... the list goes on.

When you try to get in for work purposes, they ask the same types of things-- but from the company itself. They have to prove to USCIS that in the millions of people in America, they can't find the one they are looking for. So, it kind of makes sense that very very few American companies sponsor people. It is a royal pain in the butt.

6. Gemma94

Gemma94 New Member

I always wanted to move to America and work there permanently but the more I think about it, the less appealing at actually seems. Working for Disney is an amazing opportunity but I think working in WDW for the rest of my life would probably start to get boring, and lets be realistic, it's a very hard and expensive process to be able to become an American citizen, and the pay in Disney wouldn't really make up for it :(
    Even though I just said all that, I still feel like I want to live there for ever so I know how you feel! :(

7. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Yeah you're right, I wouldn't want to work in a F&B role or merchandise for the rest of my life. But imagine if you worked your way up and got to be one of the people that ran traditions or section coordinator of a whole area of the park AND you would be earning a ton of money.
    Oh well, not really gunna happen for any of us non Americans! :(
    xxx