Non Smoking rooms

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by DanBlacker, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Diana

Diana New Member

Don't worry, I love talking about it. Ask away!

When I moved in I had a Norwegian, British (my roomie), and an Italian who moved in the day after me, but she only stayed with us for about a month or so. For awhile it was just the 3 of us. I got along great with them. In June my German roomie came. She didn't really get along with the other two. In July my Norwegian went home. I had only lived with her for 4 months but it was hard to see her go. I admit it, I cried. 2 weeks later the Mexican arrived. She was nice but young and wasn't used to actually having to clean up after herself. She wasn't around much. In August my roomie went home :( That wasn't fun at all either. That was upsetting too. You really get attached to your roomies, if you get along. I had my own room for about a month :) In mid-September my Japanese roomie came. We got along great. She actually lived in Canada for about a year and her english was reallly good. I was the next to leave then. I was lucky that I got along with them all. I have heard so many horror stories. I trust my roommates completely.

Diana

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

marie - exactly - hehe!

nah not really. im just so lazy!

what were the age ranges of your roomies dee? i hope i get nice ones! i dont like conflict!

xx

3. Diana

Diana New Member

I was 23 when I moved in. The Norwegian 19. British 21 (we had the same bday). Italian I don't know. German 21. Mexican 18. Japanese 26.

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

did they not have wellness when you were there?

think its kinda gonna suck a bit! im stuck in a wellness! and the three girls im mates with are over 21 so i'll be living further away from them. sure it still wont be far though and it'll stop me getting into trouble!

xx

5. Marie

Marie Guest

Yeah me too i totally avoid conflict esp if its people u have to live with.

Diana - so you were in a 4 person - 2 bedroom flat - what do u think is best not that we get a choice i can see pros and cons to all  sizes.
    I hope i get good roommates like u did its good u can trust them i know i'll be worried bout my laptop at first... - it sounds like i'll have quite a few roommates if ur experience is anything to go by. Do people typcally get there own room at one stage? My friend who did college prog had 2 months with an awful roommate then i month of his own room.

I'll be 23 when i get there! So it wasnt an unwellness apt then! (beat me to it Lindsey!)
    xxx

6. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

sorry!

xox

7. Diana

Diana New Member

Be careful with Wellness apartments. They arent in any set area of the commons. There really aren't that many. It's not set that you have to be in one if you're underage. But if you are, do not let your roommate have any alcohol at all. They do random checks and if there is any thing at all, you're all terminated instantly. Hard to fight it. Don't let them get away with having it there. It's your ass on the line.

It's basically the luck of the draw. I was so happy that I got a 2 bedroom. they are the best. You have more room. The kitchens are pretty much the same no matter how many people. Buildings 1-8 (also known as "Beverly Hills") I think have an added pantry. The space is so limited for 8 people in the little kitchens. With a 2 bedroom you each get your own section. The 4 bedroom apartments are a bit bigger, but I would take the 2 bedroom smaller one any day.

I had my laptop there aswell. Take a lock with you. You will have a locker in your closet but you need a lock. You can buy the locks at walmart as well.

Diana

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

mm thats deffinatley a tough one dee! i think i too would prefer a 2 bed but it's a togh one, i'll give you that!....we'll maybe its best i dont decide what i'd want as chances are, i wont have any choice in the matter!
    maybe i wont end up in wellness then seen as i turn 21 when im there! they might keep them for the younger ones. i dunno. your roomie would have to be pretty selfish then if they had alcohol knowing your ass is on the line!

xx

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww thanks so much dee. its proving very helpful so thanks a lot :)

yeah linz maybe we won't get wellness? cos jason told me i'd be put in wellness until my birthday then have the choice to move! but that would b rubbish cos id be with one lot of roommates for 19 days then move! don't see the point really.

but aww wouldn't it be soo cool if us 4 were all in the same block or really close?!

xxx

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah that would be great. although im sure it wont really be that far anyways. think wih all my dennys meals i could probably use the excercise!

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol linz, u plonker! yeah i reckon *or hope* we'l b really close 2 each other :)

xxx

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

*DISNEY READ THIS POST*

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yes take it into account please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol! at u two yeah itd be cool if we're all nearby minimise noise pollution for everyone else and all!
    This all sounds good - hope u two r put in unwellness!

xxx

15. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah would be good. im guessing it's all been decided where you're going before you get there so its just gonna be luck of the draw!

xx

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i agree linz, they wil know where we'll be, *u lot should try find out where i am before i arrive lol*

but yeah minimise interuption for everyone else if they put us all together!!

xxx

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

hah...yeah i shall do. i think theyre quite strict about giving that kind of info away....but i'll give it a go!xxxxxx

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol yeah, we dont u knowin her wherabouts type thing, lol. sorry ive had food and ive gone hyper its not right!

xxx

19. Marie

Marie Guest

Diana - one more question if u get chance to read this! How long are merch shifts usually and what time do you start work? I would have thought UK will be similar to canada...

Sara - ur hyper really? awww makes a change!

xxxx

20. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol i know, like uve never heard that before!!

xxx