Non Smoking rooms

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by DanBlacker, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Diana

Diana New Member

UK and Canada merch are together... so to speak. The managers work together. There are regular 8 hour shifts and 10 hour shifts. If you are a 10 hour cast member you work 4 days a week. It's really 11 hours, but you have an hour in breaks. You also have a set schedule. Every so often, you put in bids for certain shifts and says off. I was in F&B so I don't know too much more.

Hope that helps! If you have more questions, I'm on MSN dianabland@hotmail.com or email at dee_b@yahoo.com. Feel free to contact me if you want.

Diana

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww wow thanks for that diana, uve been so helpful. thats cool about canada & uk together :) i wouldn't complain haha!

xxx

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

wow having 4 10 hour shifts would be so much better! i'm well liking that idea! hope you can get a chance to do that!

xx

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah that sounds pretty good linz, and 3 days off lol ;)

xxx

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah exactly what i was thinking! so much more to do...but that gives me more opportunity to spend money!which is never good with me!

xx

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

good point think id b better workin lol!

xxx

7. Marie

Marie Guest

I think i dont mind either... at conference centre last semester id always try and do the long ten/11 hr shifts. I cant this semester cos of my timetable so im stuck with the 4/5 hr morning shifts...

I think i'd prefer the 10 hr but my budget would prefer the 8 hr so id have less time to spend money! Wonder how they decide who gets what...

Diana - thankyou so much - you've been so sweet. Im sure i'll wind up e-mailing you at some point!
    Not got msn on my computer at the min - avoiding ex boyf and studying distractions! No doubt after my exams in May i'll put it back on! But will try not to hassle u for a while i think im running out of questions thanks to all ur help! No doubt that will change once i get my disney pack and stuff!

xxx

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah i wonder how they decide. i dont mind either way think it might be nice now and again to have the 3 days off but not all the time!

xx

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah would b nice if it was varied!

xxx

10. Diana

Diana New Member

No problem Marie, any time. I love talking about Disney... my friends are so tired of me talking about it! :d

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol its good to know it doesn't stop when u get home ;) my parents/family/friends r bored to death of me talkin about it all the time! its nice to air it all on here instead ;)

xxx

12. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Hey!

I wrote something about shifts in Canada Merch on another post about that somewhere so you can look for that. Diana's right though.

I lived in a two bedroom as well. Building 8...Beverly Hills!!! No balcony, but HUGE! And right next to the pool and bus stop. I could actually see the buses from my shower, so I knew if I was REALLY late! I would have missed the bus every day otherwise, I still had to run most days! We had a pantry in our kitchen, but I never knew that it was something special. I think most places had what we had. I have pics, but they are way too big. You can email me and I'll try to email them too you... shannybanany@hotmail.com ...Diana, what program did you use to shrink yours??? My roommates were awesome. When I moved in I had two Norwegians (very unusual, but they only overlapped by 6 weeks) and a Japanese girl. Once my norwegian that I shared my room with left after 6 weeks, I got an english girl. She was the best. We got along really well (she gladly did the dirty work and found out all the info about this UK guy I liked...we're still together!! Thank you roomie!). My Japanese girl left just before my three months and we had no replacement for her for a long time, so it was just my norwegian and my english girl. The three of us got along really well.

Shan

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

awww thats great Shan. I hope i'm that lucky on the roommate situation :)

xxx

14. Marie

Marie Guest

Dee - im sure mine will be the same when i get back from disney. Leaving will prob be tough...

Thanks for the info Shan its really helpful, sounds like u had lovely roommates too. I can just see me getting the nightmare apt mates!

I was wondering if u guys could tell us how big the bedrooms are? As one of my american friend's dorm room was quite big - they had two beds against the same wall one after another so it felt like two adjoining rooms if that made any sense. But im expecting disney rooms to be quite small...

Thanks - hope everyones having a good weekend!
    xxx

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

thats a good question marie, i remember hearin they aren't tiny and are quite substantial but any classifications from alumni would b great :)

xxx

16. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Like everything else, it depends on your apartment. My room was really big, so was my bathroom, but my closet was small. The other room had a huge closet but a tiny bathroom and the room in general was just smaller. They are bigger than normal rooms in your house. You aren't really tripping over each other or your furniture.

Shan

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

thanks a lot shan, great help

xxx