October 19th 2010 Arrivals

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by dreamcometrue, Apr 8, 2010.

1. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Hey guys! can't wait to meet all of you in a couple weeks!
    Canadians: are you F&B, Merch or Attractions?

2. dspringa

dspringa Member

Hey! I'm Darcie going into Food and Beverage. All the Brits have been talking about initiation parties and stuff for new arrivals, anything fun for Canadians in the first week?

3. dspringa

dspringa Member

Hey guys and gals! I just paid my program fee so I am OFFICIALLY READY for the move. OMFG I WANNA PUKE. So scared to move but I know once I hit the road I'll be so excited. Can't wait to meet everyone!

4. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Hey Darcie! I'm Amy, I'm in Food and Bev. You're going to love it!
    My biggest piece of advice, go to your throw in! You'll find out when and where
    it is when you get here, it'll be the first wednesday you're here and it's so much
    fun and your first chance to get to meet everyone in the pavillion. We don't make
    you do anything scary, its just a great night.

5. dspringa

dspringa Member

sounds good! What's the housing situation like? I've been told I'll be living in the Commons. Is that where the larger apartments are (aka more roommates)? Also, I'm wondering if I'll have any roommates who started the same day as me? Or do they just put you in wherever there's a vacancy?

6. worldrunner

worldrunner New Member

What up fellow 10/19ers... :) I'll be @ Italian Pavillion, Merch! Can't wait 2 go :)

7. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

Sooooooo excited now! I can't believe that in 11 days time we'll all be there! What times are people getting to Disney for? I get there the day before, so I'll be at the arrival centre at 12 on 19th :)

8. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

arghhhh!! so excited/ nervous/ anxious and unable to sleep!! 11 days!! What's everyone else up to? I've just realised how little time there is to see people and pack?!? scary!! x x

9. blackcatuk

blackcatuk New Member

Tell me about it!! I've kinda half made an attempt to start packing, but nothing serious yet. As for seeing people got my leaving party with my friends tomorrow, can't believe it'll be the last time for a year I'll see a lot of them :(

How's everyone else doing with the packing? Everyone else as clueless as me? :p

10. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

yep totally clueless. Just throwing everything into suitcase and seeing what happens...

the question "will I need it" keeps coming up and then I think, "I might"...not helpful at all...

might have a go at sorting jewellery out in a bit? what to take...

x x x x x

11. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

and before you know it an email from yummy jumps into the inbox with final reminders on it :) xx

12. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Hey hey. Housing will try their best to put all new people in together. Like if my flatmates moved out, they would move me elsewhere so they could put a whole new bunch of arrivals in together. You do get it where they'll put you in with people who've been here ages, but they try their best. Me and my flatmates all started the same day.

I'm not sure if they have big apartments in Patts, I've only seen 1 & 2 beds. A lot of people who start in Commons move over there...especially Canadians...practically the whole pavillion lives in Patterson, just to warn you. I'm a Commons girl and love it though. The apartments aren't as shiney and new, but it's got more character and more ameneties...like a bus stop...which is handy when you have to get one about 4 times a day haha.

13. dspringa

dspringa Member

I've started packing some things but it's hard when most of the stuff we take is stuff we use on a regular basis already, like bedding and clothing! Figuring out how I'm going to pack my jewellery is prob one of the hardest things. It doesn't travel very easily.

I can't believe there's only 10 days until we leave. I don't know how I'm going to see all my friends in that time! Yesterday was my last shift at work and it was sad to say goodbye to everyone, and my job because I loved it! This weekend is Thanksgiving here and Oktoberfest is underway for the next 10 days so I'm excited to partake in that and let some of the moving stresses go.

But all I really have left to do is pack, which I can't do too much of yet so I'm getting stir-crazy thinking I have so much more other stuff to do! Somehow it still doesn't feel real. I don't think it will until I'm en route. When do all your flights get in?

14. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

thanks em! that's good to know...can't believe I'll get to meet you soon :) I don't mind where I live, or who I live with- so long as they're nice!!

Do commons apartments have a bathroom per bedroom or am I being optimistic?

Jewellery is hard- I have loads of chunky stuff that I'm just not taking because it takes up too much room- good excuse to go shopping over there though.

Flight gets in at about 4pm so will probably be at the welcome centre about 6ish? Depends on immigration and customs though!!

Currently having a nightmare with medical conditions- knew there would be some sort of drama before I left!!

x x

15. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Depends which apartment you get as to bathrooms. 3 & 4 beds have 2 bathrooms to share then sinks in the rooms (I think). 2 beds have a bathroom for each room.

I organise the meet & greets, so you'll deffo get to meet me...as long as you come...please do, it's so much fun! xx

16. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

ah that's good to know!

Defo coming to the meet and greet, you'll be seeing me there of course :) x x x x

17. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

ONE WEEK!!! X X

18. theshox

theshox New Member

Yeah! I am so psyked :D

19. dspringa

dspringa Member

can't wait you guys! can't believe I've only been planning for this for 5 months! doesn't it feel like you got the 'hired' letter like a month ago????

20. Mallz

Mallz New Member

See you guys soooo soon
    i'm Mallory UK F&B, dunno if i'd said :)