Only slightly starting to panic

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by CazzieAnwyn, Dec 5, 2010.

1. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

ive heard horror stories, id hate to get termed over something silly like walking past them, hapening to swear (not at them) and get termed - its not that i swear a lot but im thinking in a year its likely to happen!

2. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Honestly man, in 15 months of being there, there was nobody termed who didn't deserve/bring it on themselves in someway. Yeah, sometimes it was over the top and not fair but the bottom line was that they were in the wrong somehow. The rules are made totally clear to you from the very first day. If you're foolish enough to try and test the limits of those rules then you are playing with fire. I had some really good friends get termed and it sucked but every single one of them had some sort of responsibility for what happened to them.

3. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

yeah i mean i would never delib brake the rules, i mean its too good an opportunity to throw away, roll on 5th jan eh?

4. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Exactly dude!! Be positive man, hopefully it will all work out and we both get through to the face to face bit!! Once you get there you just gotta sell yourself!

5. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I know, the f2f is the bit im most confident about, phone int the worse for me, ill be freaking out and the 1st stage well all i can do is send it off really.

6. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

For those of us that have done it before, I think getting through Yummy is the toughest challenge. Once it's down to Disney I'm confident I can make them know I am worth another go.

It seems like there is a huge element of luck involved in the whole thing.

7. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

yeah it does which is quite frustrating!

8. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

Im the same I thik if i can get to f2f with disney the i will be fine its getting past yj bit thats so difficult. also it does seem to be luck i know of people who reapplied who were amazing and had all the experience including doing the prog plus other things who didnt even get a call and then others who seemed to be at the same level did. i gues they must just split the applcations out and give each staff a quota on how many to give phone interviews to and then how many from the phone to go through to f2f its just blind luck if your in with a batch of awesome people

i do think yj are harder on reapps tho as well

i never had any trouble with security when i was there - in fact i used to call them when german lads in the appt above decided it would be fun to keep partying til 4am - stamping their feet and screech duetschland deutschland ya ya ya and i had an early!!!!

the main thing people got termed for when i was there was stealing in the uk like 8/9 ppl. also a french girl got termed for slapping another crp across the face in the daily bus scramble, couple of norwegians got termed for underage drinking, and another french guy got termed for pouring water over a rude guest. oh and a chinese server got termed for chasing a guest who didnt tip - followed them out ito the street outside of the restaurant saying why no tip

9. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

UK peeps while I was there were mainly being in Commons/Patterson past 1am when they shouldn't be or underage drinking. There were 3 French guys who got caught with coke (the illegal type) in their apartment. A ton of German & Norwegian fired for stealing, all in one go.

But nobody will ever beat my housemate from Edinburgh who got termed a couple of days before his program ended...he got caught having sex in a hot tub on property with a guest he had met while drinking in the Rose & Crown!!

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I only ever saw people get termed for the usual stuff, but they spell it all out so if you break the rules, you deserve to get sent home. One of my friends on the CP got termed and it was kinda shitty though - he was a ticket guy at Typhoon and brought his keys home on accident!

11. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

the funniest thing i have ever heard ha ha ha

12. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

trust it to be a fellow scot :)

13. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

For my program, quite a few people got termed.. but they were mostly for the usual. And most of them deserved it. There were a few that i was surprised didn't get termed. I remember two days before i arrived a canadian and her boyfriend (i think was Uk or Canadian) got termed for peeeing at Downtown Disney near HOB.. and that was the first rule i was told.. was to never pee in public, cause you'll get termed. It amused me.. but i think that was the biggest one. All the others were for staying out late, ungerage drinking.

14. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

ahahaha XD some of the reasons to why people got termed XD I don't think I will be tempt fate and drink whilst I'm there I mean I drink now (slaps wrist) but then I dont have the threat of being sent home because im usually already at home =/

Argh I haven't even started on my cover letter D= (mostly because i've never done one and its just going wrong) I wont let that deter me. I will make my mum sit next to me and me and her will do it together though she's never done one either xD will be so much fun.

On paper work I kinda suck, and getting my personality across without seeming like I'm trying to hard is also a problem. In person I'm a lot nicer and a hell of a lot chattier, all my school reports will declare that xD

all good fun I figure =D Also it means i get to join in with my friends leaving for uni i get to leave for a job abroad, think its fair really xD However I don't think I will be mentioning that in my cover letter xD

15. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I know that dude...it was outside HoB. He was indeed UK.

16. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Just wondering what is HOB?
    Disco Stu did you do merch or f and b?

17. Schokolade

Schokolade New Member

Haha! Some of those stories are very funny - although I do feel bad for those people, they must have regretted it so much after! It can happen so fast, it must be a shock!

I heard of two Chinese girls who got termed because they took a duck (!) they found on property and cooked it for dinner (!). Now I don't think they ever said it was forbidden, but...!

Also a friend's roommate jumped the Vista Way fence at midnight because he had lost his ID. Not a good plan when the gate is about 10 meters away, with a security guard next to it.

The saddest story I heard was that of an Thai boy (I think) who got termed after a few weeks because his English wasn't good enough. I suppose he would have preferred not to be hired at all!

Anyway, most terminations are indeed well deserved. And I felt it was very easy to keep away from trouble, because you know exactly what you can and cannot do!

@disney-dude: HoB stands for House of Blues, which is Disney's nightclub. ;)

18. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I heard that story about the duck!! Never knew if it was true though.

Disney-dude....I was F&B. I never did service, just bar once I got moved up from podium-land.

19. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

thanks

20. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

how does f and b work, iw as 100% convicned I wanted merch, but now i ealise tips would mean more money and more opportunity to do things. What do you do in f and b?