Operations/Driving Licence....

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disney_mad_2008, Nov 9, 2008.

1. hey guys!

this might be the worlds stupidest question, but please humor me....

i'm just looking at the role checklist for this year, and for operations it asks if you have a valid drivers license. does that mean a US one or one from your home country?

thanks!

ian

2. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Any driving license...

Can you say Kilimanjaro Safari? Lol

3. KC

KC New Member

Ooh, I can! ;)

I'm all a bit confused about roles this year, actually... Cos it seems like Ops has become Attractions and Main Entrance again... whereas the two had been seperated out... the American CP program still has them seperate, so I don't get why they're still showing the same for us! All very confusticated!

But anyhoo, I can say Safaris, yes, but I can also say Parking Lot tram and Studio backlot tour! Wooo! :D

4. yep thats cool.

this is a really random point...but are the jeeps kilimanjaro safari automatic or are they "stick shift"? cos being able to drive a manual has be an advantage, right?

ian

5. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Yeah, it makes us awesome drivers! :)

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would kilimanjaro, having the drivers license will be very advantacious. If it is manual then that would be amazing.

Im getting so excited now, hehe.

7. KC

KC New Member

Not actually sure... I believe they're automatic, though... I don't ever remember feeling a gear change on them... Plus, our American friends don't like driving manuals, so I imagine it's all automatic.

8. vik

vik New Member

i did some driving in costuming! just pargos (golf car thingys) but it sure was fun!

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I saw people on like the two wheel motorised scooter things, they looked awesome, id love to try one of those.

10. Kevus

Kevus New Member

the trucks do have a some sort of gear change but thats to go from safe speed up to the out of safari area speed

11. KC

KC New Member

Segways! Even though Innoventions (where I worked!) is the spiritual home of Segways at WDW, I still haven't gotten the chance to try one... I intend on changing that ASAP!

For everyone's info... There are three options at WDW for trying out Segways... Most popular is the Around the World at Epcot tour which takes you all around World Showcase. It lasts about 2 hours and is around $95. Then, there's the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. That tour is also about 2 hours, but you get to use the off-road segways and go off road!!

And then there's my favourite... Over in Innoventions West (Pass under Spaceship Earth, it's on the right), you can visit Segway Central (Inside the doors, keep right and it's on the left past Where's The Fire?) for a quick tryout of the Segways for free!! It's basically a 30 second tryout or so, but it might help you decide if you want to shell out for one of the more expensive tours (there's a phone there where you can book the tours, too!). Oh, and Segway Central doesn't open till around 1pm ;)

Ladies and gents, proof that you can take the Cast Member out of the Park, but you can't take the Park out of the Cast Member!

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh wow, i want to try one of those, go on the tour thingy. do you have to balance them?

I like that saying Kevm very profound!

13. KC

KC New Member

Nope, they're self balancing! If you can stand on the ground, you can stand on a segway ;)

14. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I did the Around the World Segway tour and it was awesome. Not least because our guide gave me a cast recommendation card lol!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

haha, thats awesome. I want to go on that tour, ive not been round the worldshowcase properly at Epcot, i want to go on that tour and i only found out recently you can swim with dolphins at Epcot, i didnt even know they had sea animals there. haha.

16. KC

KC New Member

... And you say you've been to WDW twice?

Ouch.

17. Kevus

Kevus New Member

i think segway central has been changed for another pavilion, i cant remember seeing it this summer just gone...

18. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

It was definitely there this summer, I went on the segways a couple of times - they'd updated the preshow film since my previous visit in September 2006. Great fun, though I didn't go on any of the tours. Its a shame they're banned in the UK (except with permission on private property) as one would be great for my 20 min walks to and from lectures - forgetting the rediculous cost of the thing.

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, we werent all that thrilled about going to Epcot, my favourite was MK so i always wanted to go there but i will be making sure i visit everywhere at WDW next year!

20. KC

KC New Member

Not that thrilled about going to Epcot?

And you've been there twice?

That's harsh... Not sure we can be friends anymore, Leom...

;) :p :D