Operations/Driving Licence....

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disney_mad_2008, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Since ive been looking into WDW more and more theres stuff i realise theres so much ive never done! so i will be joining you in that list!

and rockin rollercoaster is better than space mountain!! :-X ;)

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

;o youve never been on space mountain

DISGRACEFUL

go right now!

3. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Agh it's Rock 'n Rollercoaster
    And I must disagree. Space mountain is awesome if just for the impending feeling of doom when you realise how close you are to the very, very rickety aging track lol
    Coaster gives me a headache - it does have aerosmith involved though and the first 5 seconds are tres cool.
    Sheikra is better than either. Haha

4. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

(Purely from a thrill pov)

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I loved Sheikra, i really wanted to go on it last year but we didnt make it out there. No time supposedly!

Ok i have now made it my aim to go on Space Mountain the minute i step into the Magic Kingdom next year. haha.

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

You can try :p but it might be closed for refurb LOL. I've done R 'n' RC with the lights on. Yeah, I'm that cool 8)

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I want to try that but i dont think youd get the same thrill as when its dark, haha.

8. I don't like space mountain. I find it boring though I do admit that it is a classic and has to be done at some point.

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

haha, yeah! that probably why i didnt go on it, my dad didnt rave about it

10. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

I love space mountain, its great. At MK its the most popular attraction. On a busy day Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain would be near walk ons at the end of the day, yet Space Mountain would have long lines right up till closing, including during Extra Magic Hours. If only they could make a single rider line work, the amount of spare seats I saw despite really long lines was frustrating. The amount of airtime is great, well worth going on.

11. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

LOL no it's bloomin' scary when you see how close everything really is!!!

12. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Haha, I totally agree here. It is definately more scary with the lights on, you look around and think arg why am I trusting my life on this!
    A fun game though is to get everyone to hold hands in the air and see who has the bottle to keep their hands in the air the longest. :)
    Space mountian is nothing special at MK, especially when you compare it to it's counterparts to other parks. But the thrill for kids to think they are going into space is why the parents wait in line with them for two hours. (Oh and that queue line is good from what I remember (walking through waving my fastpass :) ) but it is very dark in points!)

13. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Sorry :-[

14. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Thats ok :D

And yes the space mountain line is so frickin dark in places it's probably breaking some sort of health and safety regulation. And then it RAINS and it gets really slippy ahhh

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

eek, doesnt sound too pleasant. But i must go on it, tick it off my list of things to do!

16. ginabella

ginabella New Member

If they're refurbing space mountain....does that mean the TTA will still be going round so we can see the refurb?? :eek:

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

i would presume so!

18. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I totally saw photos of the new space mountain cars on the first day they were seen out of imagineering! They look cooooool.

19. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Where'd you see those!?

Beth - i dont know whether to put character first...help me :-[

20. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I had a friend who does admin for lots of the new projects He organises all the departments to work to work together - poor bloke hardly sleeps. Cheeky boy took some photos on his phone!

How tall you again gina? If you want it, go for it.
    If you're not sure... well leave it to the interview and see where your pen puts the 1!

Also I heard Roger told someone in the ints that they would no way get character because she was just over 5' which is absolute bollocks becasue she would still have been mouse height. So don't let him put you off if he says something silly like that. The only heights I would say are really really unlikely to be chosen are... under 4'8", 5'4"-5'6", 5'9"-6' and 6'4"+. And it depends on how they measure you at auditions anyway. So tell them something out of those heights in the interview... or remind him that the measuring happens at audition.

Ehhhh that was utter ramble.