Operations!!!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Elaine!, Apr 26, 2006.

1. adjonline

adjonline New Member

That was slightly wrong :p Hehe. And yes, I was being sarcastic :p

2. shippers

shippers New Member

Ok, I'm slightly confused over the ops thing. Do any of the IP's actually operate the attractions, I've spent the last two years operating stealth, colossus and nemesis at Thorpe Park in the south of england. I know it makes me sound like a geek but i acutally really really enjoy operating and would be really annoyed if i did get to do any. I told them at the time of my interview and showed them my operating license, anyone recon they would let me do some!!!

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yes people on the IP can basically end up running ANY attraction (although it sort of depends on your program)

Since this is in the college program forum you could be placed anywhere. I was at Mission Space, and had roomates at the Killimonjaro Safaris, and Journey Into Imagination/Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

4. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

I am 3rd Law student at Glasgow Uni and I am heading over June 5th - when is your fly out date?
    Do you stay in the lovely Murano Street haha?
    I know there is a 1st year Law student going out aswell....that makes 3 of us

5. Craig loon

Craig loon New Member

flying over august 20th, few others from aberdeen also, cant wait!! gonna be magic

6. Jordan did they get to drive the safari ride trucks???

7. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

That message from is from last summer...I think i met elaine, the girl who started this thread..She was working on the Safari in Animal Kingdom if i remember rightly..

Yeah they will have drove the safari trucks..My mate ben got put doing that..He seemed to really enjoy it..

8. o god i hope i get to do that.....really wanna do that job!!!!!!

9. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

I remember one guy from last year who got to do the Safari. I was mad jealous. Though I got my first choice with Coaster, so I felt better after that :) Can't wait to go back! Only 17 days.

10. GlitterFaeryKatie

GlitterFaeryKatie New Member

that would be so much fun, i love the safari.

11. do u get a choice of what ya go to?

12. hannahike

hannahike New Member

Nope, its up to disney where you go, you could end up anywhere!

13. how did u get a choice? did u work in animal kingdom?

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Coaster is rock n roller coaster in MGM..

And i think she just means that she was hoping to get RNRC and she did..

15. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

Coaster is in MGM and is the best Ride ever. I love it with all my heart ever since I first rode it when I was 12 years old.

Yes. Last year when I got accepted into the program I told anyone and everyone that I wanted to work at Rock'n Rollercoaster. I never made any requests or anything and then like a true Disney Dream I got placed there. It was frakking fantastic.

This year I did get my choice to go back to Coaster, and I'm so excited. I can't wait. Only a 2.5 more weeks!

16. Damon

Damon New Member

Wow Operations sounds soooper Cool!
    Driving the safari trucks?.......working on the rocking rollercoaster?
    Can't wait, roll on June 24th for me.

17. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I really wish I was going back this year.

I'm thinking of doing the J1 again at some point (don't know when...if I get the CRP in December 08 it won't leave much time!) and going back to the Jungle Cruise...I don't think I could work in Ad/Lib and not get the Jungle, unless of course it was the Mansion and then I wouldn't care!

18. Jorden

Jorden New Member

You're thinking of doing the CRP in December? THANKS FOR UPDATING ME :p! Good luck and hopefully see you down there!

19. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Haha not this December Jorden...next December! I have to finish my degree first :( boo...but then that leaves plenty of time for all the programs I want!

20. Jorden

Jorden New Member

True enough lol. So no programs in the next 12 months I'm assuming?