Package Arrived!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by tinkithink, Mar 25, 2008.

1. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Yay for packages!! The Look Book is packaged pretty!
    There's one spot I'm confused about - alum you might have news on this - it says "Canadians who don't need a J-1 Visa ..."
    Who would those be?
    Also, what kind of health forms did you bring or fill out when you arrived? It SAYS that there are three things they can turn you around for if you don't have proper documentation and one is hospitalization within the last 2 years. I was in the hospital about a month ago.

2. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

What did your package contain other than the Look Book?

3. MegD

MegD New Member

We don't actually get a J-1 visa. What we do is we take the DS20-19 form (stapled to the sheet that says at the top "DS20-19 FEE Payment Instructions", sign it and give it to the customs officer when we go through customs. We give them a white i-94 card at the same time (you fill it out at customs, not ahead of time). They'll staple the bottom part of the i-94 to our passport and then we're good to go. BUT we do have to go online to pay the 35$ sevis fee and bring the recipt with us when we give them our ds20-19.

Where do you see the part about hospitalization within the last two years? (not gonna lie...i didnt read the form, is that where it is? i just skimmed it) For documentation just bring your proof of medical insurance, thats what I had to show them.

The Policies and Procedures and Community Codes sheets will be given out again once we get there...we sign all sorts of those forms at once. But its' a good thing to read over and know.

Oh no....i just realized...the awknowledgement form isn't in my package anymore. Uhohhhhh.

4. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I WANT ONE!

When do you leave again TinkIThink?

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Tracey, I leave May25. I'm done August8.
    My mom told me that part Meg. And she said it's because if you have a terminal illness and are going to drop dead, you screw Disney up. Not just about medical insurance, it's about what's happened here before you go. Hopefully someone in here has been hospitalized before their trip - wait is that bad to say? You know what I meant.

Yay Space bags!

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Hey! I was indeed hospitalised before I went to Disney (I had a major 4 hour jaw operation the summer beforehand).

What you need is a letter from your doctor or the hospital stating why you were hospitalised and maybe if you're on any medication to do with it etc etc, and also if it might affect you at Disney. Just make sure it's sealed and you haven't opened it. They never actually looked at mine, so I guess they were fine with it. It didn't stop me working!

Hope that helps!