Pal Mickey! :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ellen101, Feb 20, 2005.

1. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

'Experience the enchantment of Walt Disney World® Resort with the ultimate Disney expert, Pal Mickey. This huggable, interactive Mickey Mouse plush will let you in on insider park tips, give you parade and showtime reminders, tell you when your favorite characters are nearby, and let you know about short waits at your favorite attractions. Pal Mickey will entertain kids of all ages with his jokes, interactive games and fun facts that will make your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort truly magical.'

[​IMG]

'Delight in over 700 fun facts and Theme Park tips.
    Innovative technology ensures that Pal Mickey knows where he is while exploring the four Theme Parks, and he will share information with you at just the right time and place.
    The entertainment continues outside of the Walt Disney World® Resort and even back home, where he will share his jokes and play three interactive games.
    Pal Mickey is available in English and Spanish languages.'

Did anyone know about these?? it's such a cool idea! :D I want one!

Ellen xxxxx

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah i read about it on a website! theyre amazing eh!?! wonder how much$$$??

would be good to have!

lol
    XXXX

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

awww wow they sound so cool, i want one 2! lol

xxx

4. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Used one while over there. Went around MGM with it and it was fun for awhile but when it goes off in the middle of Who wants to be a millionaire its not. Tells you interesting facts as long as you attach it to your belt cause the sensors are at waist level so that kids could easily get them to work. Really funny bits when you go to the attractions, liike it gets scared as you get close to Tower of terror and stuff.

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

awwww wow how cute!

xxx

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i read they may be making a limited edition mickey in a tuxedo for the 50th birthday celebrations!

[​IMG].. lol? 8)

:)

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol, awwww that would b wicked!

xxx

8. helen

helen New Member

Hey, Yeah Pal Mickey was everywhere when I was there in Sept, I didn't
    get one wish I had now!!

Helen x

9. loops_li

loops_li New Member

They sound like so much fun, I haven't been for three years, they didn't have them then!

10. robynchic

robynchic New Member

You can purchase one for $50, or rent one for a $50 refundable deposit (whether it's per day, I don't remember).
    I remember them being kind of annoying, because the little kids would all show it to me "Isn't this cool?" and by the end of the day, I was thinking "Yeah, it's cool...can you stop it?"

11. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

$50!!! :eek: Maybe I'll rethink that idea!! ::)

Ellen xxx

12. SaraC

SaraC New Member

looks like i may have many encounters with pal mickey, maybe i won't want one once i'm working! lol

xxx

13. robynchic

robynchic New Member

It's a fun toy in the parks, because there are consoles backstage that will send out notes to have Mickey tell you stuff (for instance, in Disney's Animal Kingdom, at Discovery Island, there's a console that tells Pal Mickey say that Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and friends are nearby), but it's really kind of pointless at home, because all he'll do is play silly games and crack jokes.  Besides, they haven't perfected it so you can hear him speak clearly.

14. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

I know last year when I rented one it was $60 to buy it or $60 to rent but $15 out of that $60 wasn't refunded at the end of the day. The more days you rented it for the cheaper it was per day. They take the full price deposit though so that if you decide to keep it you have already paid.

15. Matt Gilbert

Matt Gilbert New Member

I have one!!! Gonna bring mine out with me in march!

16. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

He , I have heard about them, they had them on my last visit on 2003.
    But never thought what they were.
    Hey they seem handy, but yeah they are quite expensive.
    ANyway, I am sure I can save 50 bucks.
    And it think we get the cast member discount, don't ya think?
    It would be around 40 bucks.

Hey see ya
    Robb ;D

17. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

ah they are so cute i want one? i think disney should give them to ppl as a consolation prize if they dont give u a job?
    Sorry but u hav been unsuccesful - but here have a mickey mouse instead! lol ........ maybe not ???
    Kel xx ;D

18. loops_li

loops_li New Member

Definatley rather have the job
    lol
    Lianne
    xxx