PARTY IN CALGARY

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by JOSSYPOO, Sep 30, 2004.

1. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Hey Guys!!!!

Wow reading all the posts from you guys makes me so excited. It was defiently a good group in the Calgary Interviews.

Well I am back in Calgary now. And waiting to hear the news. To be honest I am in a panic everyday waiting to hear if I got in or not. I wasnt this bad last time but we will see. I am hoping I get it, if not well i guess its not ment to be.

Joss..I hope you are having fun, getting useto the new life. I am sure you are going to do great, and will have lots of fun. Make sure to keep posted as to what is going on and how you are doing.

Sandra...I am sorry I missed. It sucked that you were unable to come. I was lucky enough that was staying in Toronto till Sat so it didnt matter that they changed them on me. It ended up that I was last out of all interviews and went at 6:00. So i had the whole day to wait for my interview. It was fun though. Watching the Video just makes me want to go more and more.

Chelsea..Well I talked with you the other day and that was nice..Thanks for the encourgment. I am so nervous i dont want that e-mail again. But i guess i can only wait and see. I will let you know though.

Hope all of you are well

Talk to you soon

Jordana ;)

2. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

CHELS! and girls!!! I certainly will be your arrival partner, how cool will that be!? School is almost done and I'm so excited!!! But there's just so much to do from now til the start of April. I can't believe you got a direct flight to Florida, those exist stilll? Wow, I'm amazed. I most certainly will be flying to Toronto or Chicago. Not sure which one yet. I just saw Claude off the other day, man I can't believe him and Joss are already there, it's crazy!
    Only another 91 days left before we leave! It still feels a little surreal though, I don't think I'll really believe it til I'm there.
    So what have you been up to? Send me an email :D
    Jo :D

3. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

hey girls its me, just wanted to write and say YA for two months!
    i have been talking to chels... as always and getting so excited for you to arrive!!

do you guys have any questions i can help with or need anything for when you get here? just llet me know for sure.

anyways we are celebrating a month here on the 15th, at the bbq pit tomorrow, i think that is still the plan... anyways its crazy i have already been here a month .. oh my.
    anyways please let me know if you need anything
    xo xo xo

cant wait
    Jossy

4. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Hey Joss

WOW!! It is awsome to hear from you.. I am counting the days till I leave. I cant wait..Tell me about some of the times there...Are you having fun, meeting lots of people. How is F&B..thats what I am doing so it would be good to know alittle about it...

Anyways have fun

See you soon

Jordana ;D

5. Lady

Lady New Member

Hey Joss!

Good to see you on here, there's hardly anyone left from our interviews that post anymore. So good to get to talk to you this week. MISS YOU!!

Way to keep the thread going and have fun at the bbq!

Hi to Jordana and anyone else still hanging around!

Chelsea

6. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

hey guys just wanted to keep this goin!!!
    eli gets here tomorrow i am so excited and when he leaves only one month until you girls get here AAAAH i am so excited
    jo i was talking to christa today about you and chels getting here!!
    chels i am renting a car for the 12 13
    and we are in at the comort inn
    just so you know

how is everyone????
    Jossy

7. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hi Jocelyn... and everyone else...  It's getting close now.  About 1 1/2 months... 51 days...... for me anyways.  Glad to hear you're having a good time, Joss.  I kinda just want the 21st of June to get here already.  Not like I'm packed and ready or anything.  I had sent you a msg on msn, but I know how busy you are.  I was just curious what exactly you're doing at work these days.  I noticed a photo of you in the restaurant costume and wondered if you were just working in there or are you doing outdoor foods too?

So glad to see this thread still up and running.  I actually just stumbled across the pictures I took in Calgary.  I guess we never found out if Griffy actually accepted or turned down his offer.  Anyone talk to him or Scott at all?

See you soon,
    Sandra :)

8. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Hey Everyone!!!

Nice to see that everyone is still doing good.

Sandra thats awsome that you are leaving soon. I am leaving in 4 months, wow it dosnt seem that far away that I will be arriving.

Joss thats good you are doing good. Chels said that your boy was coming down, and you guys were going to New York that awsome...So you guys are staying together and things are going good??

Well have fun everyone and I will see you all soon

JOrd :D

9. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

hey girls!!
    sandra i know i keep getting your msgs like rite before i go to work or head out the door!
    when you first get here you start with h epopcorn cart, lumberjack outfit and you also start inside greeting seating stalking. all pretty easy jobs and from there the soooner you speil the sooner you get into service

yes eli gets here tonight and on the 7th we are going to new york i cant wait!!.

griffy turned down the offer in the end. its sad he would have been a lot of fun!

and yes we are staying together i mean we made it through2 months .. well we will play it by ear i guess who knows what is going to happen to either one of us .

chels gets here on the 12th and we are gunna spend some time together befoe she starts. that will be so good.

anyways girls i am off to a wine class and i will talk with you later. :)
    Jossy

10. Lady

Lady New Member

Hey girlies!

Way to keep the thread alive! So, Sandra we're leaving so soon! Have you been getting everything together? I am SLOWLY. Jordana you'll be out so soon, which will be awesome. I'll be there for both of your throw ins...watch out! Joss so good to hear from you. Can't wait to see you SO soon. Have a good week guys!

Chelsea

11. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Getting stuff ready?? Umm... sure. I guess I'm getting ready, mentally. Tomorrow will make things seem a little more together. Going out to buy my plane ticket and my medical insurance, calling about my health card and driver's licence expiring while I'm gone. Then, all that will be left is packing and I'm sure that's gonna be crazy. Getting really excited though!!!!

Joss, no worries. I know you're really busy. I just don't want to see like a pain in your butt with the msgs. Thanks for the info though.

On my way out to go shopping... yay!!!

Tty girls later!

12. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Hey girls!!! I can't believe how little time we have left before its time to leave. I'm so excited! I bought another bag to bring down with me today. I've been slowly collecting stuff to bring with me. I bought a laptop :D I know I'll be happy I bought it once I get down  there and it'll be so much easier to keep in touch with family and friends. Joss, it sounds like so much fun, I feel like packing now! It'll be soon enough that we'll be joining you.
    Sandra, did you find a computer? I still need to get my insurance as well, I should phone the bank to see if it would be any cheaper going through them instead of gateway.

13. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Jo! No, I haven't bought my computer yet. I think that I'm just going to get it from Dell. They have some good deals on right now and I'll be able to use it once I get home. My original plan was to get a cheaper, refurbished laptop, but then realized it would only be a few hundred dollars to get a much better one. Where did you get yours?

Be careful with the banks and their insurance. They offer travel insurance and they want a return date. I am getting my insurance through CAA. It's a little cheaper than Gateway, but the coverage is up to $5,000,000 rather than the $50,000 or $100,000 that Gateway offers. It's travel insurance, plus medical insurance.

Chels, where are you getting your insurance from?

14. Lady

Lady New Member

Sandra-- I got my insurance through CAA, it was the best coverage and it cost me about 250, I might have been able to find something cheaper but I really just wanted to get it done!

Hey Jo! How's it going?? School's done and now we're leaving in 6 weeks CRAZY! Hope everything's ok and I can't wait to meet you again!

Chelsea

15. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Guys... just called Cast-A-Way to verify something. We only need insurance up until October 1st, not the full 4 months. I was pretty sure that was the case cause that's what the letter pretty much said, but just thought I'd let everyone know.

Heading out to get my insurance and plane ticket....

YAY!!!

16. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Hey Sandra

I was checking around and blue cross was really good. I think it was $200.00 for 4 months which isnt bad at all.

I cant wait to get my Disney pack what does it come about 2 months prior to departure. I just want that official note saying I have the job..

Well i am getting excited and I am not leaving for 4 months which isnt to far away. I went to Melrose last nite for supper and it reminded of when we all went..good times

Jordana

17. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Jordana!

I looked into Blue Cross and I can't remember why I didn't go with them. I'm sure there was a reason. You might want to compare the coverage that they offer. CAA seems to have the best price for the coverage that you get. Just got back from getting my insurance and it was $256.47 exactly.

Yeah, the package seems to arrive a couple of months before you leave. I know what you mean about wanting to have something in your hand that actually says that you're going. Even when you get it, you realize that you're still waiting. Seems that this whole process has been about waiting. :p

Ah.. Melrose... the food there was awesome. I really wish we had one here in Toronto. Got that cool picture of the Red Mile sign while I was there.

18. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Sandra, I ended up going with Apple. I'm so glad I did, for what I payed I got a really good computer, much better than what I would have gotten getting a PC. I bought the 12 inch ibook. It was the cheaper of the Apples and I don't think I'll ever go PC again. Great idea about CAA, I hadn't even thought about that.
    Chels! I can't wait to see you too, we're going to have soooooo much fun! I'm so glad school is all finished, it took school being done to actually concentrate on going. I think I'm pretty set, just a few more things to do.
    Jordana, Congrats on the job! You must be so excited, so perseverance paid off! Way to go!

19. JoRdAnA

JoRdAnA New Member

Hey Guys

Yea i will look into CAA I didnt think of that..Its good to get ideas from other people. Well thats good you got that done know...1 less thing to do..

Jo ...thanks...yea i am super excited i wasnt given up. It paid to go to Toronto, but serious the wait to find out if i was accepted or not was horrible. But know only 4 months to go, I didnt have to long to wait after I found out.

We will all party when we get there.

Jordama ;D

20. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Jordana, I know, isn't that wait awful! It's even worse being in merch because you're one of the last people to find out. But it's certainly all worth it in the end! And 4 months isn't bad at all, I've waited 7 and a half months! It's actually gone by rather fast. Only 39 days more!!! And we will have a party when you get there :)