Passport Issues

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by SteffieDavis, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

Hi guys

I just got a phone call from Passport canada, and there is an issue with my passport application-- the signature on my drivers licence and the one I signed on my application form are slightly different. Has this happened to anyone before?? I'm stressing now, cause I either have to get a new health card and send that in to passport canada, which could take weeks, or travel to a passport canada office and sign some kind of signature form (I don't really understand how that works....) But I can't get my work visa until I get my passport, and I'm worried that this is going to really delay the process. i leave in 39 days, I don't have time to deal with this! I submitted my passport application almost 5 weeks ago, and I just found out about the issue today.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how the signature card thing works?

2. kidangel

kidangel New Member

Hi Steffie, it's TinkIThink's mom here...

Since time is so short, you should probably go into the passport office. They can do everything there and it's v. quick - Tink's passport only took two weeks. At the very least, if there will still be a delay, a human being in the office will be able to help you figure out what to do next. Human help is always preferable to automated phone systems!

There's one where you are. Look up http://www.ppt.gc.ca/index.aspx?lang=eng and then click on Service Locations. Tip: go early in the morning to avoid lineups.

Good luck.

3. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

Thanks! i'm guna go in tomorrow and hopefully get things sorted out.

4. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I'd just go to the passport office.
    Generally just getting to speak to someone face to face gets things done much faster.

5. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

My actual passport application is currently in vancouver, so I think i have to go into the office in ottawa, sign some kind of form or card or something, and then that has to be sent to vancouver, and then my passoport has to be sent to me. Oh my goodness I'm stressing.

6. lish

lish New Member

there is no way you'd have to go to ontario for it. I bet you could just go into the one in Van and do it there.

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

she lives in ontario, haha.

8. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

ya I went into the office today and got it all figured out. I should get my passport by may 1st hopefully!

9. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

Thank goodness!
    See, all you need to do is talk to someone.

10. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

my passport arrived on thursday.:)

allswell that ends well!

11. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

all that just because your signatures looked a bit different?? what the heck?

i'm glad you got it sorted in the end though :)