Patterson Court The New Disney Building

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by seanny boy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. seanny boy

seanny boy New Member

hey all,
    i got an email today saying that my departure date has been put back from the 10th of August to the 19th of August, when i replied back asking why i got a reply saying that its because it has to do with the use of the new Disney patterson building, which leaves me to think thats where i will be living (you know what i mean ha ha) has any one heard about this new complex? is there any pictures on line shyowing what it will look like? i am just getting excited. i hope that every one is well Sean

2. ErinKimberly

ErinKimberly New Member

i was talking to someone living in orlando a couple months ago and they said that they had drove by and saw construction of it going up really fast. not sure about the layout, probably very similar to chatham square i would think. it is located right beside chatham and and across from a non disney condo complex. i heard that it is being built as they have closed the treehouses and are going to turn them into disney guest accomodations. not sure if this is all true but it's what i've heard through the rumour mill.

3. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Wow, I never knew they where building a new housing complex! Does anyone know who will be living there? Americans or internationals?

4. seanny boy

seanny boy New Member

I'm from England so I'm guessing internationals, but who knows the best thing is that every thing will be shinny and new and i heard that on-suites are in all the rooms which is cool

5. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

I am arriving August 19th and if I get put in the new housing, It will be nice to have new facilities

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Patterson Court began being built on June 6th 2007, with inititial ground work going on throughout the summer when i was there. I was just there in December and alot of the frames for the buildings are up.

It seems little lake bryan will be the new vista way! Commons, Chatham Square, Patterson court and Mickey's Retreat all in one area, with vista all alone.

I'v heard it will be open to all students (american and international). They are still saying it will be opening in May. Maybe they are putting some of the international summer program lot there because 2 of the 3 summer programs end on august 8th and 15th, therefore making room for you on the 19th? The 8th August and 15th August are also the same end dates for the american summer alumni program.

however don't hold your breath on being put in patterson, incase you are put somewhere else!

7. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

I really have no problem staying anywhere... The only hopes that are up are those of excitement to be working at Disney

8. seanny boy

seanny boy New Member

i just think with my dates being put back from the 10th to the 19th and with yummy jobs saying its because of the new building not being ready leaves me to think thats where we will be living, I'm not bothered why i live but would be nice if I'm there for a year to live in a shinny new apartment. where is the new building located? is it near any thing? Sean

9. Kevus

Kevus New Member

right next to chat

10. VickiG

VickiG New Member

I'd heard about the new accomodation going up, but wasn't quite sure of when it would be opening.

I'm on the 6 month programme and it was mentioned in out interview that we could be placed anywhere when we arrived and then moved into the new accomodation when it opened.

They were saying stuff about giving preference to those that were there on longer programmes, so seanny you're probably right about being put there if your on the CRP.

I don't want to think about where I will end up living - i just want to get there now!

But I was a bit concerned about someone's ensuite remark and that everything was ensuite in the new building - please tell me everywhere is ensuite??!! I'm sure I would have noticed something as major as not having a bathroom in the apartment..

xx

11. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Every apartment has a bathroom!! But not every bedroom has a bathroom attatched to it!
    In 2 bedroom apartments at Vista Way there are 2 bathrooms. One bedroom is ensuite and the other is just outside of the bedroom.
    In 3 bedroom apartments at Vista there are 2 bathrooms. One bedroom is ensuite and the other bathroom is shared by the other 2 bedrooms.

In Chatham, i think there is a bathroom per room, but im not sure!

12. dryice7670

dryice7670 New Member

This sounds so cool, it would be nice to see a shiney new building put up, a little crowded though. It is funny how Vista-Way will be so far away by itself and then The Commons and Chatam and This new place all in one area. I look forward to seeing this place when I arrive on February 5.

13. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Oh, I hope I get to live in the new buildings! Everything will be clean!!! My room-mates never cleaned the last time I was there!

14. Enrico UD

Enrico UD New Member

When i had my interview on Oct 16th, they say that all of us will probably live in the new complex..

I'm getting there on june 24th....we'll see where I'll live.

Just cant wait to be there

15. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Yeah but Vista is still closer to Wendy's :p Damn I'll miss that.

I'll always love Vista, no matter how good the other complexes are....it's the heart of the College Program!

16. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

All I keep thinking about is the new beds. Think about it this way, you will be the first person to do anything in the bed... However in the other complexes thousands of other people have done everything you will be doing in that bed as well... Just something to think about HAHA

17. seanny boy

seanny boy New Member

i like the way your mind works ha ha :D

18. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

Haha Thank you... I had to point it out. Wouldn't you rather things get done on a clean bed then a VERY used one

19. cherisss

cherisss New Member

...hhahahah!! oh Ashley...what on earth are you thinking about. ;D

20. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

haha cherissssssssss i heart you... I am just pointing out the fact that the beds will be new... and the whole place, you will get to christen the new place... you can think whatever you want about it but I am not elaborating...