Patterson Court The New Disney Building

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by seanny boy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Pattersonians hahahaha. Sorry that just sounded funny :D But they should definitely put in a bus stop there...doesn't seem fair not to

2. Mauro

Mauro New Member

yesterday the july group arrived and they were all places at commons¡¡¡ I think/hope they keep patterson for college program¡¡

3. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

4. Celtash86

Celtash86 New Member

Hello! I'm Ashley from Scotland. I am doing the CRP in the UK Pavilion and I have been here for nearly 6 weeks! I was put in Patterson Court and I love it. My whole arrival group are in Building 2 and we all are very close. A bus stop at Patterson would be ace but it's not that bad to walk to Chatham! its only across the street - 5 min walk!

5. thibotus01

thibotus01 New Member

Cool! Any french in patterson court?? ::)

6. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Oh well if it's a 5 min walk that's ok ;)

7. vistaway

vistaway New Member

FYI, our new site Wiki has a page dedicated to Patterson Court (http://www.wdwip.com/wiki/Patterson_Court) but it is incomplete. If you can fill in any of the gaps, please do!

Anyone can edit the page, you just need to register first (to prevent spam/abuse).

Thanks,

Andy

8. chris10an

chris10an New Member

its gonna be for americans only.. They where thinking about mixing internationals and americans but it did not come out to well with american officials (people paying other people to get a green card etc etc)
    But some people might have to stay either at chatham or pattersons for some time while they wait for accomendation at the commons- internationals that is. The problem about staying at either one of those places is that you will not have access to the commons when you want to. After 1am they will not let you in with a patterson or chatham pass. AND that really sucks because the internationals party way way harder than the americans do...

9. I know some people on the ICP's that are living in Patterson and they are from the UK.

10. vistaway

vistaway New Member

11. chris10an

chris10an New Member

yeah thats right.. There ARE icps living there but in the future they are gonna try to make it an american-only place

12. Timitu

Timitu New Member

There are some CRP's in there too last I heard. Alteast i have not heard of them moving out. I know two from Canada that were put in there June 10th. They could be moved... I don't have strong contact with them. But ya... Just thought I would say. :)

13. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

there's two buildings for Crp's the rest are for CPs only :(

14. Elle

Elle New Member

A load of us got moved into buildings two and three and they never mentioned us having to move. It's really quite nice, not just the fact that the rooms are new and whatnot but the fact that there's actually American people here. If there weren't then I don't think I would meet many actual American people in America, seeing as how most people who visit the UK pavillion are from the Uk.... (weird huh?) and everyone at the commons is international.

I love Patterson, except the fact that the gym's always full now of people from Chatham and Commons, the machines are barely free unless you get at about 10 at night. But no one wants to do that! Oh and the lack of buses.... and the fact that they moved our mail and I still haven't found it! And we have to pay for laundry and it's not just in our apartments... and we don't have tvs. Patterson kind of sucks actually! lol

15. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I didn't think any of the complexes got supplied with TV's? We had to buy our own in Vista because we all moved into the apartment at the same time.

16. Timitu

Timitu New Member

I don't think any are supplied with TV's your just lucky if your room mate has one already. I used to think they did but my friend moved down and was in Chatham and then in the Commons and neither had TV's. So then hearing Patterson and Vista didn't in those apartments it is safe to think none have them I guess. :)

What I want to know about Patterson is, How do you guys find the bedrooms. All the ones I see they are so small com paired to some of the others in the Commons and Chatham that I saw. Are they really that small or have I only really seen the small ones. I really wish I could be in Patterson sometimes. That was my only worry. But they are probably full now so I am not getting my hopes too high. I do like the Laundry being in your room in the Common's. Wonder why they did not do that for Patterson too? I will just have to come and visit once in a while.

17. Elle

Elle New Member

Our room is huge, really big. Don't know about everyone else's though. I'm in a two bed and the other bedroom isn't as big as ours. Got to get in there first! lol

As for the tv's, out of the 10 of us who arrived on the 23rd, i'm literally the only one without a tv. Three others are in Patterson and their room mates had already bought one. I think it's almost safe to say that 90% of the apartments in the commons have tv's. Johnny has 3 in his!

18. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Can someone tell me what happens if you go to Disney BEFORE your given date? Do Disney put you straight into your appartment or do you have to stay as a regular guest till your gven date when your moved to the appartments?

19. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Not that I know of. I never heard of anyone getting into the apartments. Because it is your decision to arrive earlier it is up to you to find accommodations. Many that do stay in the Disney hotels or with family. But I think they have to clean the apartments or whatever so they don't let you into them early. Plus The cast members before you only move out the Friday before you arrive.

20. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

That's fair enough i guess. Everytime i go on Holiday i stay in Port Orleans so i may stay somehwere else for a few days