phone interview questions pls

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by oh to be a mermaid!, Jan 12, 2008.

1. oh to be a mermaid!

oh to be a mermaid! New Member

Hey guys for all those anticipating our phone interview in Jan, I thought i would start a thread where people can leave us advice and what questions we can expect for the just the phone interview part.

Also if someone could explain how we know when we are through to f2f

xxx

2. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

here are some, i'll split them up into different topics!

Living

- have you ever lived away from home?
    - if not, how will you cope with living away from home with people you don't know?
    - if yes (and no), how will you cope with living with people from all over the world?
    - how will you cope living so far away from home with a room mate from a different country?
    - what would you do if there is an argument with some of your room mates?
    - what would ou do if you had a problem with your room mate?
    - how will you cope with the heat? (sounds silly, but i was asked this!!)

Working

- give me an example of what you think good guest service is.
    - give me an example of what you have done to provide good guest service.
    - think of a time where you have turned a negative experience into a positive one.
    - if there are 10 people waiting in line and a guest cuts to the front of the line, what would you do?
    - what would you do if a guest is not happy with the food they purchased?
    - how will you cope working long hours in the extreme heat?

Social/Others

- what do you do in your spare time?
    - what are your interests?
    - how will working for Disney benefit your future career?
    - what could you bring to the Disney company?
    - what countries have you visited?
    - have you ever been to walt disney world before?
    - what is your favorite park and ride?
    - How will you cope being away from your family/friends for 3/6/12 months?

If applying for the CRP

- tell me a bit about where you live?
    - give me three interesting facts about your home town.
    - if a guest were to ask about your home town what would you say?
    - how would you describe what its like to live in your country/town?
    - what differentiates your area from another area of your country?
    - do you have any traditions relating to your town/country?

those are some i can remeber.

and they tend to tell you by email i you have been successful and are thru to the f2f.

3. nstrats2212

nstrats2212 New Member

This is so helpful thanks 'hsm'. Have you done the programme before?

4. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

iv done 2 summer programs before ;D

5. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

ooo i'm SO going to copy and paste that!

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Haha we'll all turn up with the same list of questions... woo go us!

7. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

haha yeh!! "hang on a sec you CAN'T ask me that....its not on my list!!! next question please!!!!"

8. oh to be a mermaid!

that is GREAT thanks so much its exactly the type of reply i was hoping to get :) so are these phone interview questions or f2f?? or a bit of both, either way very helpful xxx thanks xx

9. oh to be a mermaid!

p.s - working in the heat, do u get any shade? or a hat? if im honest i prob would feel sick if the sun is on my head cos im fair? if i have something on my head im fine, i guess u cant wear sunglasses either?x

10. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Hmmm I'm not sure about hats... I know custodial get them, and at the Jungle we did, but I'm not sure about other locations. And yes, you can wear sunglasses, but they need to be Disney Look! (i.e. no random colours, must be able to see eyes, and you must take them off when talking to guests).

11. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

the phone interview questions and the f2f seem to be very similar.

and my 2nd program i never worked inside, i only worked outside and we could have water with us and we could also get a cap from costuming (this depends on where you work!)

in my 1st program in merchandise when i was outside we were also allowed water with us.

12. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

I'm from Canada, and it seems to be slightly dfferent from Yummy Jobs-- it's done through Eric at Cast-a-Way. My phone interview started out with basic questions, (name, age, year long or summer program, school) then moved to typical questions (why do you want to work at Disney World, what kind of experience are you hoping for, how would you cope with living with up to 7 other girls from around the world) then slightly creative (rate your energy and enthusiasm on a scale of one to ten) after this, Eric listed off the various roles (merch, operations, food and beverage, custodial, life guard, costumed) and asked if I would be comfortable in these roles (the only ones I said maybe not were lifeguarding, as I'm not a great swimmer, and I said custodial wasn't my first choice but if I had to I would.) And then I was invited to the face to face interviews in Toronto and the wait began. Good luck on your interviews, I'm not sure if this helped at all, but I sure hope it did!

and hmm, I never thought about the heat factor-- I think I'll be fine, I'm usually ok in the heat but definately something to keep in mind!