Phone Interview

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by DanBursey, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Well done on getting an email about getting the face to face interview... I'm a little worried now as I had my phone interview on Wednesday morning and haven't heard yet :-S, hopefully hear soon. xx

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I had mine, it was about 7 mins long I think (there's a timer on my phone!)
    and then we had about a 2 week wait I think. They told us who'd already had it we'd find out on the 6th October, but they told us on the 3rd. (this was after already shortening the wait for the 6th!)
    so I'm sure you'll hear soon, and I'm sure you did fine!
    xx

3. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Ok thats a relief, I really want to find out now, my friend has her one today so I'm hoping maybe after she has hers, we might hear later this evening or something, not likely though lol, but once can hope.

Lol same here, mine said 5 mins exactly lol.

4. Freckles

Freckles Guest

they ten to wait til a group of them is done. all of us who had it in the same week got the emails at the same time, and i think the week after did. though they are probably trying to figure out who to send the f2f. you will find out soon!

5. vik

vik New Member

ah man is anyone else getting a little frustrated at not knowing when the ftf is? its driving me crazy! i come from reading so il be in the london ones hopefully, so il be last, but id still like to know when theyre gonna be!

6. Freckles

Freckles Guest

im thinking of emailing them, saying the problem i have is my uni are saying if i miss a lecture it will affect my final grade which means not being able to go to disney. could they email any dates of w/c 17th novmeber. do you think that sounds ok?

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am quite paranoid about it, cause im scared they only offer one day in aberdeen and i wont be able to make it, cause then it causes hastle for trying to get to the next place and then the next, turning into a disaster. Lets hope we hear soon, this week hopefully!

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

if i were you leom i would email them again next week. i am if i dont hear anything as i really need to get stuff sorted for non standard teaching week. its the only week i can afford to go and even then i have rehearsals.

luckily in a way we are all in the same boat, which kinda makes it easier...only a bit.

9. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Just so you know i didnt hear about my f2f til the last few weeks of october, they should give you at least a two week warning so you can organise travel and lectures and get the papers signed.

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

papers? what papers?

11. Kevus

Kevus New Member

you will need some papers signed by your university to say it is a university and the other saying you are a student.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

oh right, i knew about those, haha. how silly. i want to know when ive got my interview, so we definetly get two weeks notice, do we get a choice of dates?

13. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

two weeks? That isn't very long!! hopefully i'll get to go to london though so i should have a bit more time to plan

I think the papers are just what you have to get someone at uni to sign to prove you are a student there? Might be wrong though.

I just found a dig on key largo that you can volunteer on, so hopefully uni will let me do that instead of the stupid sedgefield one!!! Yey!!

14. Kevus

Kevus New Member

I would have thought two weeks is plenty of time, you get given a date and a location you can't really choose

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

But what if you cannot make that specific date? cause i have assessmemts in november.

16. They are usually ok. From what I remember there are a couple of days in each location. If you can't make it just phone them up and explain that unfortunately you can't make that exact date but are there any others you can attend instead.

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

who needs to sign the papers? head of department of head of year?

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would have thought it was my academic advisor but she is also my head of year, hehe.

19. vik

vik New Member

it jut needs to be a member of staff i.e. a tutor or department secretary

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

OK, thats great, got plenty of them about!