Phone Interview

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by DanBursey, Sep 10, 2008.

1. liam0001

liam0001 New Member

Hi guys
    Hey Vicky it's Liam
    Hope your good chuck
    Nice to see your re-applying
    I know loads of us are which should be cool!
    I spoke to Yummy today
    And am pretty confident/certain that the interview date for Liverpool is the 10/11th November
    It seems like they have had loads of applications this year
    All the best folks
    And if there's anything I can do to help
    Give me a shout
    Liam

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Hi Liam, im Leom!

What makes you think they are on the 10/11th for liverpool?

So have you been on the program before?

How many applicants, thats quite scary?

3. liam0001

liam0001 New Member

Hey Leom

I got told today off Yummy when they rang me. Me and Michelle have a running joke because she rings me all the time and keeps forgetting she has already spoken to me! Don't quote me on them exact dates but that's what I got told today. If that is the case, I would expect people to know real soon for sure.

And as for applicats; I'm not too sure how many apply each year, even compared with last year it might be less - but, they said hundreds had applied. I wouldn't worry, because unless you have no personality then you'll be fine. Just walk into the interview with the biggest smile on your face, and kinda bounce in with the right answers (which isn't too hard) and your laughing. Roger who interviewed me last year still keeps in touch, and we were speaking loads at the graduation!

So yes... I have been on the program before, and it's one of the best things that I have ever done!

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

cool - that would be really great if the liverpool ones were the 10th/11th - its a good day for me to skip stuff as it's nothing too important! ;)
    so hopefully we'll find out soon!
    it's the not knowing that's so hard I think!
    so if they've had loads of applicants, at what stage do you think they weed most of them out? before the phone interview, after the phone interview or after the f2f?
    sorry for the random questions, just wondered!
    thanks in advance!
    xx

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

those days are bad. i was hoping for the w/c 17th as that is reading week, it would be a lot easier. i cannot miss those days i have a three hour rehearsal on the tuesday and two massively important lectures on the monday that if we miss we can fail.

Nice to meet you Liam. What did you do last year?

i was told by my interviewer that there were only 200 places so i guess they ween them out at the CV and phone interview stage. but those 200 places are for the brits.

6. liam0001

liam0001 New Member

If I am being honest - I think most of the people are weeded out during the face to face. Me and a friend went along last year, and he didn't get offered a place even though I was sure that he would.
    Obviously people who really don't have any kind of experience or completely fail at the phone interview are not going to get in; but besides that - I think it comes down tto 90% personality and 10% business acumen. Disney after all is built upon personality...
    I was a lifeguard last year at Blizzard Beach. I would give my right arm to do that agaib; which obviously wouldn't help in any life-saving situations!!!

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thanks Liam,

I have a great personality, im always so happy and cheerful. All my friends think i am suited so well for disney, but thats for the interviewers to decide. Only 200 spaces, eek!

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

Thanks for the info!

I am really getting nervous about it all, worried that i wont get in. nerves are really an issue for me, i hope to be able to put them aside. im sure i will once the excitement kicks in. i guess its just becoming an anticlimax atm as im getting so nervous.

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I'm getting really nervous and scared that i wont get through.

10. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

oh no, that's scary :-( did he get any feedback about why he didn't get in?

11. Liam what interview did you go to last year? The liverpool one?

12. liam0001

liam0001 New Member

No no feedback
    It's just about coming across like I said, knowing a little about Disney and just not completely cocking something up.
    It's all about personality though I guess.
    I went to the Liverpool one yeah last year.
    Hopefully we will all hear something concrete soon enough. I'm thinking the first week of November if I'm being honest...

13. Oo which day did you go? I went on the monday one.

14. lorn

lorn New Member

Re: face to face

does anyone know how long you hav to wait before getting dates for ur face to face interview and lso what they ask you!! cheers ;D

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

We are still waiting but i think we should find out for def next week!

16. feamoda

feamoda New Member

hello! i did it!!! i passed the phone interview! million thanks to u guys for sharing some very useful tips and advices on the phone interview!! one thing tho...hope i didnt scare lucca with my ursula (from little mermaid) laughter.....muahahahaha

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

CONGRATZ on your phone interview! im sure you didnt.

18. teresemor

teresemor New Member

I got in :) had my F2F interview 26th in Oslo :) Got mail today and i got in. I am going to work in the norwegian pavillion :) I am starting 10th of March.... weeeeeeeeeeh

19. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Yaaaaay!! Well Done!!!
    If i get in...im coming to see you there!!! :)

20. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Well done for getting in. I so hope I do.